Tree felling vids

Arizona is on my bucket list and you live there. Ever witnessed the grandeur that is CT?? ;) :lol::|:

Have you been to the grand canyon

Arizona is on my bucket list and you live there. Ever witnessed the grandeur that is CT?? ;) :lol::|:

Have you been to the grand canyon
Hey, I enjoyed the hell out of Connecticut, what little I saw of it, which was mostly one girls apartment, inside of which the views were absolutely stunning...

I've been to the big canyon a few times. I rode the mules down and back once, and I've hiked Bright Angel Trail twice, many moons ago. About time for me to take the girls up there. Kavebear and the kids haven't been yet.

Another cool spot near Flagstaff is Walnut Canyon, which has a cliff dwelling village in it, and an easy trail down through said village.

Do you have a lifetime pass to the NPs? Major bargain especially if you buy it as an elder folk :dude:

I have nice pics up in threads here from Walnut Canyon, also Organ Pipe NP...many other fine places in AZ. We greatly enjoy our travels there.

One near @Kaveman is Petrified Wood NP. Absolutely worth a visit.

Can't easily link to those threads, unfortunately the search function is down for me yesterday and today :(.
Painted Desert. Petrified forest.
Those two places are amazing with a little snow on them.

Do you have a lifetime pass to the NPs? Major bargain especially if you buy it as an elder folk :dude:
Absolutely. Best deal ever. When we first got ours as seniors it was only $10. Now it's $80 I think, but still a great deal if you travel much to the National Parks.

That is breathtaking.
Absolutely.

May be wrong as it hard to see for me, don’t have Insta, but doesn’t appear as though anyone, ground guy filming or the climber, were concerned, at all.

Wonder why he took that large a top? Looks like he has gear on, so probably not a homeowner. Not saying gear makes you qualified, only saying he surely had the ability to climb another 15-20ft and definitely should have known better.

Last edited:
Yes, maybe I could pick out a small face at one point. Never did see any pull line, but it might be there as the frame doesn't show all of the top ever. He was very lucky, and that's a bad place for needing luck to get by.

Small top, small problems. Simple as.

Looked like a Fir, but what do I know.

Oh wait, there's a lot less potential for barber chair in a 3 inch diameter top than an 18. Lot fewer problems all around. Looked like a clear trunk for a good ways above him, no excuse not to climb higher and take a smaller top.

Fear not the skinny wood!

Resolution is bad on my phone. I thought cottonwood in the branch structure, but the bark says red alder.

Climb line hanging. Probably in the Circle of Death configuration. He's lucky it didn't peel down the front.

Why did he stop cutting.
Best way out of a barberchair is run or cut like hell.
Since he couldn't run...........

Last edited:
Back