Tree felling vids

That's the first video I saw showing it, but I didn't quite get it. The video David posted matched a written description I read somewhere(rico?), and was helpful in giving the words context.

Cut at different progressive depths. Once th hingebreaks, they may appear as steps. Yet, in teaching, literate word for them is curf cuts. Some one may get the wromg technique thinking they need to cut steps. Yet one step could br a whizzy/sizwheel or a cut out at the back for a jack. Tree forensics

What did the hinge look like? When it hit it bounced off of those big stubs. “No stubs” I liked the video. Shit flying everywhere, action packed in slow motion. Near misses, just the good stuff.

I think the face was too closed, hinge broke soon or was cut on our left, started the spin which set that stob to increase it, plus landing on the end of the other log which kicked it over more. I guess either leave the limbs on to crush and cushion or take them clear off and let it plunk into the soft dirt.

87964FFD-AE02-4A20-8046-D698CD24659E.jpeg BAB1094E-9BED-4560-8526-B287CADF5348.jpeg 4AF86CF9-E859-4DB6-96DF-ED53870F7538.jpeg A65FB6FE-78FE-4026-B43E-6C912BED9844.jpg

Glancing at the photos and the vid, what I take from it is that big iron makes big money. You can tell from the stubs left and the miss on the fell that the faller isn't highly experienced yet he has a massive grapple truck there ready to take over, meaning the big iron takes up alot of the slack created by his inexperience .

If you've got the work, the iron will always make you big money.

I think the root flare could be part of the reason it started to spin after the hinge broke. Also one side could’ve had more fiber pull than the other. The stubs definitely caused the violent reaction though.

Back