Tree felling vids

Nah but lets' sign him up!

Jed referenced millennials in the other thread, and hey we need a few here to get some youngblood going so the TH doesn't age out!

I don't think, well I am sure of it, you are not a millennial B. I would say you are more of the tail end of the baby boomers spawned after the Korean War. How did I do?

Of course, I'm not millennial by many a decade :). You have me pegged exactly.

I meant to address the "aging out" issue Cory posted to. And it was meant as a tongue in cheek reply. Humor sometimes doesn't translate well across the interwebs :D.

Nah, in general we have a bunch of older people here, unless I'm forgetting somebody.

Last edited:
bid wind hit back to back here two days ago ... Lots of outages.. lots of roads still closed.
Took a bunch of videos yesterday on the phone. It's all unlisted, no edit so. But in an effort to lift the energy at the house, here's a preview.

We're slammed. Chipper has been in the shop for a week before the storm. Supposed to be ready by Wednesday. We were as busy as ever before the storm.

Got 15 calls today before noon.

My right-hand man has been sick for years and can't take the heat.
It would be overwhelming except I don't take it too seriously. Just do the best I can in the moment, given the circumstances.

Got a bunch more videos. We lost a lot of BIG TREES with co-dom stems, no other structural issues. Lots of monster oaks and ash. And lost a lot of trees that pulled root balls you could park a car in. That means only one thing .. BIG WIND. No structural or root issues, but they couldn't handle that kind of wind. Got lots of pictures and short videos.
Hopefully have time to put some nice tutorials together showing the types of structural issues to watch out for.

Kinda ballsy leaving the saw in the cut. Yea, nothing /should/ happen, but I wouldn't feel too good about having it there.

Ballsy may not be the right word.

The reason I left the saw in was for the video purposes to show the bar and placement etc. I just was so focused on getting the tree down and the video shot, that I didn't think to take a few extra seconds to pull it. Interesting point. It's one of those situations that the video there can be reviewed, and otherwise automatic type actions get analyzed and the process of mental reconstruction takes place. That's part of why video is such a great learning tool.

it goes something like... "OH YA.. why did I do it like that?"

Back