Tree felling vids

And I've seen what european fallers have to offer first hand. Had a friend from Germany who went to "tree felling" school in Germany. I put him in front of a Coastal Doug fir with about 2 bushel in it...he wanted nothing to do with it. You keep using your methods on your trees, but don't try to online bullbuck an excellent timber faller like my Bro...unless you really want to hear what I thought of your video :)

I think my only response to this can be to tell you to go frig yourself and then I'll leave the House to the real loggers.

Hereby done.

Whatever you gotta do. If your gonna be a critic of an excellent faller like my bro, then you better be able to back it up. And you say I'm getting my panties in a wad?

Sheesh, let it go fellas, it makes no difference what one thinks, both are good fallers working with different methods and species. It is obvious that neither will starve with a chainsaw

peacepipe.png

Perfect cuts....that's why I have a sliding arm table saw.

I would think that with the definition of a professional logger, comes the being able to do quickly all the tasks as a whole. Lose a couple seconds here while you scratch your nose, make up for it there. One little aspect of it not being absolutely perfect or not, a bit too rarified atmosphere for me. Thinking broader seems cool for humans, not machines. Still, seeing a perfectly made hinge on the stump is inspirational, and Jerry has more than a couple in his book. Showing care more than anything else is the bottom line in for me, too much haphazard in the world.

That fight was preventable. There is a strong sense of pride each of us has for the work we do and the skills we possess. We must all take a moment to remember that and make sure we are familiar with each other before we critique in an abrasive way. It's one thing if your buddy comes up and laughs at your stump. It's another if a stranger does.

It would be good to move past this and try not to carry forward into other threads. We are so fortunate as a group to have such a group of accomplished individuals. We have skilled mechanics, well known west coast fallers, top tier climbers, and skilled fallers and climbers from overseas that bring world class skills to the table. Let's not spoil that.

Well put, Jay and Tucker. The pros that we have access to and interaction with are a wonderful resource. Compared to what I am used to seeing (and often doing myself) that video was masterful. I work hard to get cuts to line up but it is tough. If I only have to make 2-3 corrections to the face cut or only restart the back cut once then I have done pretty well. It is a pleasure to see efficiency, economy of motion and a Cheshire cat grin all at the same time.

Thanks Jay and Tucker. Pantheraba--what's you're name again? You're the man. (Just to join the ranks with the "mushy" crowd.)

Tarzan: Can't thank you enough--once again--for posting the vid of your B.F.A.M. Absolutely incredible faller. I dream of lining up snipes that well. Stig has been at this trade for a long, long, long, long time, is still alive, and is very, very good. So, by-the-way, is Jerry Beranek, and our recently absentee friend Burnham. I must say that I'm totally amazed when pro cutters repeatedly nail the diagonal with no corrections. Say: anyone out there got any mental tricks for helping to "visualize" the plane of the diagonal?

Stig: "Go **** yourself." ???? .... Bad viking! Good one about the capital G though.:lol: Until you invite Him into your soul, you'll still just be a mere god.

Jed, matching up your diagonal is all about muscle memory. And it's all about the three magic words: Practice, practice, practice.

I don't mind debate, Jerry. I think that is pretty much a given by now.
I also don't mind a good verbal fight once in a while ( Brian and I have had some whoppers and we can still be Housers together:))

What I mind is that those two Arborist Site tranfers are spouting the same shit here that they are used to doing over there.
If I wanted to be a member of AS, I would be one. I am not, I'm a treehouser, and we don't need to constantly be ragging on GOL, hating greenies and bragging the PNW up, in order to pass time together.

While I can easily handle being told that I'm worthless by Cody( based on the fact that he has met one guy who had done a European logging course and walked away from a tree???) I don't enjoy it and I think it is a totally owerboard reaction on my very mild critisism of his brother's facecut.

But at least he has walked the walk of timberfalling, which I respect.

Jameson, who is trying to be a logging oracle, is in reality a school kid with a weird PNW fixation and has yet to prove his mettle on a logging operation, so I find it very hard to take him seriously.

I am a member here because I like being here and hanging out, right now with those two AS-holes here, I don't enjoy it much, so I'll take a leave of absence till I feel less pissed off or they have crawled back into whatever cave they came out of.

I'll leave my e-mail address with Butch, if anybody need to contact me.

Stig: Get well soon. I need all the help I can get.

Forestryworks: Muscle memory? I've got muscle A.D.D.

Well you can skin the same cat 40 different ways .As long as the cat gets skined is all that matters .

No matter who you are or where you are at everyone makes a screw up once in a while .It just happens .Viewing a vid clip maybe 2000 miles away is not the same as being there .

So what's a successfull take down ? Simple the tree gets felled with no collateral damage and no injuries would be considered a success in my way of thinking .So you miss a cut by an RCH ,big deal .

So what's a successfull take down ? Simple the tree gets felled with no collateral damage and no injuries would be considered a success in my way of thinking .So you miss a cut by an RCH ,big deal .

You're not alone in that way of thinking, AL...excellent definition in my book. I'll settle for success anyday. Smooth, efficient mastery of cuts would be nice but there may not be enough trees for me to cut to get that good.:D

Back