Tree felling vids

Not sure how that happens. Butch took care of it last time. I'd be willing to help facilitate an order if anyone knows anything about it.

Pete, if your work runs dry next winter, give me a call.
I don't know how it'll be here, but if the Chinese market doesn't dry out, I can sure use you.
Looks like we'll be doing mostly private logging, so having a non EU faller on board would be no problem.

Just my long winded way of saying: " nicely done!".

Eat more grits with butter, and lots of bacon. And quit going out in the woods and working...heck, you're supposed to be staying inside teleworking anyway. Get a grip; I mean, really. You could fit that T in a few weeks if you try.

:D

Eat more grits with butter, and lots of bacon. And quit going out in the woods and working...heck, you're supposed to be staying inside teleworking anyway. Get a grip; I mean, really. You could fit that T in a few weeks if you try.

:D
I eat about half a stick of butter everyday and consume more calories in a day than almost anyone I know... In case you haven't noticed I tend to run a little on the warm side (think nuclear reactor), and have the metabolism of a humming bird. ......I'm the type of fella who could sit on a couch for a year doing nothing but consuming buckets of ice cream and bacon grease and still loose weight...In the past the only thing that would really put weight on me is lots of bread and beer, but unfortunately I don't do either any longer .

I am a skosh under 6 ft and weigh around 160 these days and to tell you the truth it feels good to stay on the lighter side as I age.. Knees, lower back and hips still feel pretty good and I would like to keep it that way for as long as possible.....

Pete, if your work runs dry next winter, give me a call.
I don't know how it'll be here, but if the Chinese market doesn't dry out, I can sure use you.
Looks like we'll be doing mostly private logging, so having a non EU faller on board would be no problem.

Just my long winded way of saying: " nicely done!".

I think Pete has Irish parents or forebears, so possibly has, or can get, an Irish passport.

Last edited:
Setting some taglines to pull over a few trees this morning and as requested I threw this quick vid together for a couple young arborists I worked with on Thursday.. Their spur climbing frankly sucked, so we gave them a few tips which seemed to help them very quickly....Most around here will already know this stuff, but if you dont?

Last edited:
I'm probably the least experienced person here, but what I'd add is "Keep your balance centered". My first trip in spurs, I thought I damaged myself. My hips hurt for a couple weeks after. It started a day or so after the climb, and lingered. Reflecting on it, I was favoring my right leg when working or resting, and I guess the imbalance did /something/ that hurt. Haven't had an issue since. Might not affect a young guy as much, but perhaps it would catch up with them. Good video.

That's tough work. I used to sometimes shimmy up smallish trees to selectively cut branches in the way with a handsaw or machete(nothing as high as that vid though). I tried it again a couple years ago, and got some nice burns on the insides of my thighs. I'm not as graceful as I used to be :^/

Impressive skills in that video.

Lordy, that guys core strength must be off the chart...
The weight in the head of a coconut palms is huge, sending it with your legs wrapped around the trunk and a chainsaw inches from your legs...😬😮

Lordy, that guys core strength must be off the chart...
The weight in the head of a coconut palms is huge, sending it with your legs wrapped around the trunk and a chainsaw inches from your legs...😬😮

Agreed! Good to hear about the extreme weight in that palm head, I didn't know that but figured.

He's the kinda guy that would be insane at Thai kick boxing, muay thai, lethwei, no doubt- insanely tough, strong, and fearless.

Can I get his number, my Ninja position is still open :rockon:

Last edited:
Back