Tree felling vids

Agree....those are the neighbor's trees. I have to monitor mine or it takes over. I saw the home owner plant the sprig for that ivy 40 years ago...to control erosion from my house to his. It is ubiquitous now.

Everything is, in hindsight.

Looked like included unions or the like, only half of it seemed to detach.

Freeze framed it here for the included union evidence. 8220F91C-4E65-4EEC-9490-B3D9E40D4A1A.jpeg

Last edited:
That was very foreseeable from my view on my couch. I’m glad Travor shared that video. Maybe he has started to humble himself. Seeing his older videos and meeting him once, led me to not care for him much.

Kind of ironic, for two minutes before the cut he is ranting about not being an arborist and slagging the ISA.

Maybe if he had taken note a few times of studied he would have recognised the defect.

It did look obvious and the risk was always going to be there unless he tied that one off as well.

ERC isn't a true cedar. It's Latin name is juniperus virginiana. so a juniper. It's a pioneer species that grows in fields and wastelands, and smells like a hamster cage if you were to use the non recommended cedar chips for bedding. It's supposed to be bad for small animals.

ERC isn't a true cedar. It's Latin name is juniperus virginiana. so a juniper. It's a pioneer species that grows in fields and wastelands, and smells like a hamster cage if you were to use the non recommended cedar chips for bedding. It's supposed to be bad for small animals.
Neither is a WR, its really a Thuja

Trevor seemed a bit too complacent, too much side talk, like he was in a bar, not riding the crane. Clearly he had a mental lapse by not securing the right lead with the support line. The left lead had much better placement of the sling than the right. Even then he should have gone with his first instinct and taken it in two. The best option would have been: tied off below the crotch, but the line probably was too short for that. Either way, as Sean mentioned, given the size of the limb in the right where the sling was tied, that was pretty obviously a bad play. You can see the broken limb (small little thing) fall shortly after the half drops. You have to look at the 40-minute version of the video to see where he tied off the slings.

It is also the forebear of Bermuda's endemic 'cedar' Juniperus bermudiana. Ours is nicer though 😉😏

Ours is nicer though
You take that back! :^S

It might be nicer. I dunno. ERC is my favorite native conifer. It doesn't have a lot to recommend it. Doesn't get impressively big. it's shape is kinda mediocre, and it grows like a weed, but it suits me. It's a good habitat for birds, and smells great. I quit putting up jul trees years ago aside from tabletop trees, but ERC was always my choice. Makes a nice trim tree that doesn't take a lot of room, and it has bite. Gotta be careful handling it. I guess I like things that have a dual nature. Bull thistle is my favorite flower :^D

Nope! Haha :D:P:lol:
Our cedar smells better, grows bigger, attains lovely shapes, has more Heartwood, is a better colour, makes better furniture and ships...
Gain comfort from the fact the genes originated with the ERC...
And the fact it almost went extinct in the 40's and 50's from introduced scale....

Back