The RIP Thread...

Stephen sorry about Bob.

Also, influential guitarist, Lonnie Mack.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xhX1lfWZaNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP Muhammad Ali

160602-muhammad-ali-alex-mitoff-yh-0327p_d9233f379ca957fee223c6bb4d5b390d.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

:(

Well, I hate to say it, but the way he ended up with Parkinson's, death was probably a relief for him.

To me, he really was " The greatest" and always will be.

Well, The greatest" and always will be.

Ali was great, but if you include welterweights and middleweights, there have also been some great ones. Sugar Ray Robinson might have been the greatest boxer of all time. 85-0 as an amateur, 69 by way of a knockout. As a professional, 128–1–2, 84 knockouts, and a streak of 91 straight fights unbeaten. I don't think he ducked anybody, nor did Ali.

ALI !! ALI! ALI!

He was the greatest! And made Howard Cosell into what he was, too boot.

Agree on Sugar Ray, Jay... A simply amazing fighter!

Ali was great, but if you include welterweights and middleweights, there have also been some great ones. Sugar Ray Robinson might have been the greatest boxer of all time. 85-0 as an amateur, 69 by way of a knockout. As a professional, 128–1–2, 84 knockouts, and a streak of 91 straight fights unbeaten. I don't think he ducked anybody, nor did Ali.

I'm not talking about boxing, only.
You, of all people, should applaud him for " Having no quarrel against those Vietcong" ( By memory so please excuse me if not 100% correct).
For him to do that required great courage, i think.

I still can't understand why that lead to him having his world champion title stripped away?

Where is the connection between being world champion boxer and refusing to serve in an unjust war?

Jay, I don't care about sport, I am probably the only European who doesn't know the rules of soccer .
What made him great to me, besides being a fantastic boxer, was him standing up for his belifs like that.

Nothing to do with "courage."

Just the Vietnam conflict. Johnson had no need to go there, but he did for his own reasons.

I would not have participated.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KW5qF9fheXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back