The RIP Thread...

Looks like Hickstead just sort of went over.... done
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_1zWNF6IaV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Indeed, I am reasonably indifferent on the matter but my wife is quite upset, the horse was an Olympic athlete for our country and in those circles, quite well respected. Would be akin to perhaps (insert NBA, NFL, MLB top ten athlete here) Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux falling over on the ice in his prime and dying for no obvious reason.

RIP Col. Potter

"Emmy-winning actor Harry Morgan has died of pneumonia. He portrayed Col. Potter on MASH. Morgan was 96."

1207-harry-morgan-bn-01.jpg

I saw him once in New Orleans at Mardi Gras in the late 1970s; he was filming a 'made-for-TV' movie, "Murder at the Mardi Gras".
They were set up on a couple balconies and we got to be part of the random crowd walking past below the action.
We were silenced and told, 'walk at a normal pace, do NOT look up, and converse in normal tones'.
Great actor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was a cool old dude. Gawd, imagine making it to ninety whatever... lordy!

Why be sad, he's gone to a better... Oh never mind. I appreciated his thoughts if not his in your face style.

Back