The Official Work Pictures Thread

Reg has it on his YouTube channel.

Slick. A swivel mount that aims the winch about 180°, rather than fairleads.

I have a chainsaw capstan winch that I should set up with an extra powerhead for my chipper, in the event of no mini along for the ride.

6th day on this job and I finally remembered to bring my camera.

The coast line is slowly eroding, causing the trees to fall on the beach, blocking the way for the citizens of the nearby town, who apprently enjoy swimming from there.

So we are taking the trees that are at risk out.

The brink is unstable in places, we've lost two trees that simply went straight down, taking a sizeable chunk of earth with them, when the wire was tightened.
Bad news for the sawyer, had he been standing next to them.
So we've been using an overlapping, snap-release back cut on them, to ensure a clean getaway.

Had a bunch of Norwegian sailors watch us today, from an anchored up ship, waiting it's turn at the refinery in the bottom of the fjord.
Lots of harbour porpoises frolicking in the waves, quite the idyllic setting.

Oh, did I mention that for 5 of the 6 days it has been raining hard all day.

P1050663.JPG P1050664.JPG P1050669.JPG P1050670.JPG P1050665.JPG P1050666.JPG

I got frigged off with the Norwegian Tax office so I decided to unpack and sort some kit out. As I had kits in the UK and Norway I forgot how much I had. There another 3 60m ropes under that lot aswell. Hopefully I can the Akimbo to work on the new Samson.

Just need to build a work bench and fit my vices and should be good to go for now

Then I went Sparring at the new gym and got beaten up. Damn there are some sharp lads there and heavy handed too. It was great fun though... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6812.jpg
    IMG_6812.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6816.JPG
    IMG_6816.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 60
Quite few Stig. All very respectful. Just sometimes weight differences can make big differences if you walk into a shot...haha.

One of the large chaps was 96kilo of Latvian, made of stone. He used to fight pro in Holland for quite a few years.

It is all character building.

I need to catch up on this thread. Great work out there!

A fun sized spruce TD, HO clean up. Got this one 34ft top and the one to the left down. Other 2 Monday. HO started to cut branches but stopped short.

20170915_120137.jpg

Edit: hope you had a good birthday Rich!

Cool posts STig and Rich.

What kind of sparring were you doing, Kickboxing?

Cool job Stig. Looks like you learned a trick from Murphy :shifty:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And if you plug your phone in somewhere, like a friends place, put your keys with it. You can't drive away workout your phone, effectively.

Cool posts STig and Rich.

What kind of sparring were you doing, Kickboxing?

Muay Thai sparring. I think the eye was an accidental headbut whilst in the clinch or an elbow. Not sure exactly.

It was a good session though. 15 rounds of sparring and then 5 more rounds of clinch. Each round 3 mins with 1 min rest. We had a full three minute break at round 11.

I was blowing a fair bit as I haven't had that much training in over the last couple of months due to the move and other stuff.

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.

Anytime you want to remember to bring something just put it underneath your truck/car keys.

Wouldn't work for me, as the only time my keys are taken out of the ignition is when the truck goes to the garage for a service check up or repairs.

Otherwise I always leave them in 24/7

Quite few Stig. All very respectful. Just sometimes weight differences can make big differences if you walk into a shot...haha.

One of the large chaps was 96kilo of Latvian, made of stone. He used to fight pro in Holland for quite a few years.

It is all character building.

We had a huge Latvian in the dojo for a while some years back.
They are a tough people. Kicking him was like kicking an oak tree.
My only chance with him was to go on the ground, he was completely unskilled in grappling, so his size didn't help him much there.

Jed your avatar is straight radical, just sayin

Yeah... I was gonna say, but he beat me to it... that was all Butch. The guy's an artist. A cheritable artist no less. This is how he treats inbreds.

Rich: Yer easily the hardest working guy in the House. Dang. Gotta love cutting glass with a chisel. Sucks, eh?

Sam: PICS!!! I mean it, sir! Get some pics up right now! I don't care if yer prunin a stinkin Ficus. Man that white sap is stinkin weird isn't it? Stickyness competes with any Pine I've ever been in.

Stig: I love you. Please take it in a heterosexual/fraternal way, but still... best pics I've seen in a good little while. I like how you realeased the bore-cut from underneath. Would you possibly believe me if I told you that the company that I work for TEACHES you to release the bore from above??? I set-up a rant over it... the guy was like, "But I've never had a problem. It's never snatched MY saw." I though, "DUDE!! It's just a matter of time."

Sean: DANG!!! Your a man out there, Singlejack. You and Deva. Singlejacks if ever I've met one. (One's?)

Gary... You actually made me laugh out loud. I was thinking about photoshopping one's stumpmanship.

O.K... I'm off to stack firewood... I'm getting stung by bee's in my stinkin firewood pile. :X:X:X:X I brought home a ton of bee-killer from my work (they said "O.k.") :evil:. But now I don't have the heart to kill the little guys. :cry: I was thinking about you, Corey, a little bit. What Woud Jesus Do, and all that sort of thing. I actually don't know. I feel like He would just kill em. What say you guys??

Paul, I was living in London for 20 years and it stunk, crime, acid attacks, moped related crime, stabbing s. I could not afford a private school education for my two boys so state comp or academy it would be. That would be on the off chance we got any where local. I didn't want them in that environment.

My missus is Norwegian, both kids speak the language. Stine ('er indoors) got a very good job offer in Oslo. Our house had trebled in price from what we paid for it.

It was an opportunity that would have been difficult to ignore. So we went for it.

It was hard to tear the kids away from their comfort zones but they seem to be settling in pretty well.

It may or may not work out but after seeing the news of another bomb in London... we feel good about the decision for now.

Anytime you want to remember to bring something just put it underneath your truck/car keys.

This!!

Also: Peter!!!!! Well done. Cool pics.

U.K. Rich... DANG... I KNOW dude... I go to a Serbian Orthodox Church (Not too far from Latvia, I'm guessing) Anyway... there are some DUDES in that place, man, I'm not kiddn ya. One dude is 7'3" tall, and I'm not kiddn ya. My Godfather, (Darko, by name... He's 6' 4") says that when he gets on the buss in Belgrade, there will be like nine dudes who are taller than he is! Dang.

Haha. I can imagine Jed.

When I was chatting after the session I asked him his weight. He seemed to think he was normal weight for his size and I was underweight.

If that is the case then why do they test him for steroids when he competes... he is (apparently) clean BTW.

That type of person is known in the UK as an F'in Unit! ;)

O.K... I'm off to stack firewood... I'm getting stung by bee's in my stinkin firewood pile. :X:X:X:X I brought home a ton of bee-killer from my work (they said "O.k.") :evil:. But now I don't have the heart to kill the little guys. :cry: I was thinking about you, Corey, a little bit. What Woud Jesus Do, and all that sort of thing. I actually don't know. I feel like He would just kill em. What say you guys??

I'm the furthest thing from knowledgable about Jesus but I conjecture that thinking about the issue rather than knee jerk killing reaction is in the right direction of WWJD.

Back