The Official Work Pictures Thread

We just did our first Irma tree. Home owner realized their largest pine is within range of the house. He told us we could fell it into the yard, no climbing...not...it would have broken/gotten hung in neighboring pine. I bombed everything, Alex chipped the bomblets. Waiting in ATL area to see what the winds bring today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kiLE3j12MbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And picts....thought we would have to pull with truck...lean was back and off to one side. Was able to use wedges and Alex an HO (another firefighter) hand pulled. Good to see that work.

Attachments

• Irma pine 1 resized  (3).jpg
    Irma pine 1 resized (3).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Irma pine 1 resized  (5).jpg
    Irma pine 1 resized (5).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Irma pine 1 resized  (7).jpg
    Irma pine 1 resized (7).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Irma pine 1 resized  (10).jpg
    Irma pine 1 resized (10).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 45
Next time you have to wedge/pull a spar like that over, try gutting the hinge.
That helps a lot.

Makes me crack a smile when it was going to be a truck-pull, turned bang-over. I'm still impressed by the powerthe power of wedging, and 'simple machines'.

Well done, Gary.

Dude... I was thinking it was gonna be a 24" box tree....Now you're telling me a 48" box....

The AM grinding inverted almost 3 feet down... I don't think a regular super jr.. or self-propelled goes that deep...
a9a529e16c37e67b8f0a79eaf95ce5c8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks. Sometimes I need to calibrate... try to shoot for 100/hr/person and then the moon.

I did a job in Twitter's backyard about a month ago. So I took a picture.

2f5f7474ef50acb4d3bbca02c8c50192.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back