The Official Work Pictures Thread

Dropping fugly sticks down drives, through tight canopy, and up steep slope to logging road all this week. Fun fun :p
Stump shot for jedi

Attachments

• 20170912_100003.jpg
    20170912_100003.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170912_095954.jpg
    20170912_095954.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 54
Two of my four quick removals decided to fight today. I wore out a file in one day:X
IMG_2025.jpg
Not the best thing to find on your way up
IMG_2026.jpg
And of course the bottom would look like this. Didn't bother looking for dates on the bottles but I found a few road bricks that Mr. Belden himself might have baked.
IMG_2027.jpg
Squirrel piss! No I think every critter on campus used this one! Soaked my chaps. Tossed them on the seat of my number one man. Damn do we love to mess with each other!
IMG_2028.jpg
That one caused chain sharpening number two, three, and four! Easy day turned to crap real quick.
IMG_2031.jpg
Largest chip truck we own besides the semi only got to haul one load of wood before this happened. Four loads in the smaller truck later and dark I finished the job.
It was a beautiful day8)

Gary!!!!!!!!! Freakin awesome!!!!

Deva: Yer a freakin man, dude, I'm not kiddn ya.

haha...not awesome but still in the game a bit. Sometimes I gotta get the camera angle just right so I don't give away a bad cut.

You, Rich, BOTS and Stephen keep getting horrendously big trees...shat trees, too...especially Rich.

Deva...some cool and crazy work there.

Yeah the biggest reason it was a PITA is my truck went to be worked on Saturday. Boss said he grabbed everything we needed. It would all be ground felling. He forgot a few important things like my 661,files, a screntch. Minor things!

CV showing off the rarely spotted-in-the-wild large Echo.

Rich what happened to the chip truck, I couldnt tell. Btw how is that semi working out for y'all, I remember when it broke in half early on

friggin' Echo rips.... back awhile I used a cs3300 top handle climber and it ripped with a lite bar and picco... didn't shock yer nuts either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ripped the tailgate off Cory. The wood bouncing while dumping knocked the latch loose and I guess it hit just right. The semi is doing ok. They ripped the jacks off it a couple of weeks ago because they didn't take the time to prep an entrance drive for the site. I guess they have a much heavier trailer being shipped up from Tennessee sometime soon.
No picks today. Did 7 small ash removals climbing for a small village. I should've got a pic of the stump I ground though tonight. Dang pinoak with more big roots than I've ever seen. Had a 25' diameter circle getting them all chased to grade.

It was real nice 10 years ago. As far as I'm concerned it don't owe them anything. It's a 92 international that they've had since 2000.

Had a relatively easy afternoon, after getting a set of tires, invoicing some work, sending some bids, and hanging out a bit, I got to work. Handful of missed shots from the APTA, and I gave up on an overhead climbing line. I didn't want to break branches into the building, as you see, it was a bit crispy. I accidentally knocked out 3 rotting cedar tongue and groove fence boards last time, working solo that time as well, but with a lift. No big deal, easy fix, just contrasting color.

Took down a dead hemlock with a rotten base, around 100-110' and a couple maples over the pump house, last year. Chip onsite for mulch, and left logs.

This dead Grand fir is coming down this year chip onsite, leaving logs. A portable miller is coming in.

First tank in the 193t got me to 120', and the end of my climb line. Came down, fueled up, Wraptored up, climbed up another twenty or so to pop the 20' top.

Dad was there with the two young boys. For a memorable experience, I had the two boys pull the top of the tree. They loved it. Would have wedges it pushed it off otherwise. IMG_20170914_154537306.jpg IMG_20170914_135811567_HDR.jpg

Branches and stubs start at 120'

IMG_20170914_155750160_HDR.jpg

View from 120'
IMG_20170914_154541217_HDR.jpg IMG_20170914_154548218.jpg

Frass-y
IMG_20170914_141842171.jpg

Holy moly was it relaxing. No groundie to wait on.

Reg made a good point, it doesn't matter if the (relatively small amount of light weight) limbs are jumbled when you have machines to pull it apart.

He got a winch mount on his chipper for his Honda capstan. You guys see that video?

Nice work and pictures.

I haven't done any work since last Friday. Flew out to Oslo with my climbing gear and a few personal items. Just been unpacking and trying to register as a resident so I can work.

It isnt a big deal, sign a few papers and show some ID. It is finding people in the relevant offices who can actually tell me the order to sign as each department gives me a different instruction on how to do it.

I will get there in the end.

I did a lot of that at first here, trudging from government office to government office.

Not that I had any work to do at the time though!

Same here Mick.

Tax office says I need to first inform the police before I can register. Police says I need a letter from the tax office...

I have a bit of work to look at and a few jobs to do for the landlord of the property I am renting, plus another for a neighbour and a couple of parents.

There are a couple of firm wanting my services as well but they can really say come in until I have the tax papers sorted.

It feels a bit like the old saying about hard places, rocks and being stuck.

Back