The Official Work Pictures Thread

Had a few this evening so just saying
Ahhh... no SWEAT brother... "En vino et veritas," I get it. Actually, I've got half a mind to have a few myself... oh wait... I already have. Appreciated yer advice too. Say... are you keen to tell that story again about the rope-burn? Man, that must have been a nasty business.

Brian: No, I know you're right, but, mind you... that was one compromized pipe. A man gets scared... ya know???

Sean: Yeah, thanks... I guess that's one of the reasons that I like the Treehouse.... Ya know...? We're all just out there, all day long... tons of new guys who don't know nuthin... Sucks, man. But then you get to come here, and there's tons of old hands who been there dun that a time or three. Love it.

Ray: Nice pics. Thanks.

Willie: I much preferred the "before," shot. :P

Carl: Thanks for the advice on chains, and I'm wonderin... has anyone tried chains on the 3/4 CMI blocks we all use. I've thought about trying it a time or two.

Justin: You ever still do the odd tree job now and then?

Corey: We'll see, bro. Paul's got me thinkin. :/:

Had to top another Boening root-rot fir on a frend's job today. Smaller that last weeks, but had a tighter shot. A one-wedger. unnamed-1378.jpg

Let's see if Aaron's little 30 sec. vid of the top coming over works out...
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...734905490&rm=15cb74827ecb6e96&zw&sz=w640-h360

Cool pic Jed.
Looking over some pin oaks I pruned ten years ago. Not much needing done and not gonna mess with it til fall. Just some deadwood and a few droppers
IMG_1730.jpg

Went to move the chip truck at 4:30 for one last set up and....
IMG_1731.jpg
That'll piss ya off! Had to call my wife to get my spare key. Jason's spare key is on his key ring which he clipped to the truck ring:X.
Still it was a good day

Do you really have an issue with people trying to break into your chip truck while on a customer's property? Can't say I've ever locked my work truck on a jobsite unless I was in Da Hood. I think I'd get pissed if somebody working with me kept locking the truck causing me to make extra trips every time I wanted a drink of water or something out of the truck. Eventually I'd probably just break the door lock so it wouldn't work.

Great pics all. This is the best place.

Tools get ripped in the city.

Lock down everything.

Today I helped a friend out....way out in the country.

6 dead pines, left 20' tall...
5 off one tie in.

The bark was falling off and I was throwing big tops into the neighbor tree and spearing them down....

Water pumps, happy baby oaks and fences around.

It was waaaaaaaaasaaay hott.

Like call the wambulance hot!

170f843a7ad24d1315550e3205f980a2.jpg
8766fad58cd690476d5b15bec3739f69.jpg
458d192a0ef3136c2e97613c17bcca60.jpg

6048f3562e383cb743e82c3314cea87a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Even if I locked my car I'd keep my windows open. I hate getting into a hot car. Also, I need to reach in for my medications from time to time! :lol:

Brantford is half half. Half you need a full lock down and the other half you can leave the keys in. Ironic the nicest places need to be locked.

Was a bit much for one guy in one day. . . I ran out of gas on the third one. Started getting sloppy and making desperate decisions, so I packed it up. . . Someone wanted the logs, but I don't see any way to drop any of them without smashing the driveway, so they're probably just out of luck. . . Two full loads of chips. Finish it up early next week. . . Cheers.

(I'm whipped)

19198470_1401903686512235_1688370593_n (1).jpg

19239605_1402819889753948_16400786_n.jpg

19250975_1402819856420618_1313524393_n.jpg

19251123_1402949759740961_879579077_n.jpg

19357718_1402949993074271_540236630_n.jpg

And relocated a family of Crows to a much much worse living arrangement. I hope they sort things out. Feel kind of bad about it. They were cool Crows. . .

'Twas an accident. He parked up against some low limbs on the last tree we were raising up and bumped the switch. Still agitating seeing as it was the end of the day. That stuff never happens early! Got my spare on the bucket truck's key ring now. Windows stay up when chipping. Between limb lifts there were multiple dead ash removals

Cool pics, Sam, looks like you were working in the shade. Crows are cool, I'd like to befriend one again. If they didn't eat and poop so much....basically non stop.

I'm bummed about the Crows Jay. . . They were super cool, and will likely be food for house cats now. . . I tried. I dropped them out of their nest and they all glided down into the pine limbs nice and gentle. I recovered their nest from the blow out top and put them in another pine. . . But. . . :cry:

Oh well. . .

Good Karma with the crows, Sam. I hate when I have to completely ruin some animal's day through no fault of theirs. Always try to accommodate them whenever I can.

Reminds me, I stopped on my way to Waffle House this morning to pick up a small turtle trying to cross a 4 lane road. By the time I got back to him he had changed his mind but couldn't get back up over the curb. I stopped right in the road, turned on my flashers and carried him back to the retention pond where he merrily swam off.

Hey Sam, good on ya for the effort. FTR, bird experts have told me that when you're cutting and encounter a nest with eggs or youngins in it, the best thing to do is to relocate it if possible at same elevation to an adjacent tree . I had 2 encounters couple weeks ago, one went like clockwork, one was sad- one bird family was set up in a small hollow in a dead tree being removed, I cut out the hollow log with youngins in it and reload it to adjacent tree and tied it there, parents returned within 1/2 hour and acted like all was good.

Other one was 2 baby doves- reloed and tied the nest 'perfectly' into and adjacent tree. Mom came back and hung out on the same branch but didn't see to capiche what was up. We came back 3 days later to do a quick add on job, I swung over in the bucket to check on them and the 2 chicks were sitting side by side in nest where we left them, cold as ice. Such a bummer.

Sam, so your crows were a family that could sorta fly?

Cory, seems doves are quite lacking in the brains department. I find doves nests all the time trimming palms and all sorts of crazy, very unstable places. And half the time there's an egg in them. Not surprising that they didn't make it. Don't take it personally. Congrats on the hollow log nest though, very cool.

Good on ya Skwerl!

I spent all day looking at jobs. On my way home from the last one I stopped and picked up a Cathlic on a pilgrimage, dressed in a brown robe. He said he had been in the same place for 3 days and it had been cold and raining. I gave him a ride to the next town and bought him a motel room for the night. Interesting character... I hope he makes it alright.

They glided nicely Cory. They seemed so close to full on flight, but. . . no, they couldn't fly. Two of them chilled in the relocated nest, and the third kept leaping out. Mom was upset the whole time. . . I should have taken the jumper home with me.

Brian, Thanks man.

The hollow log nest was definitely a home run, the birds took to it seamlessly. Ha, I gotta remember to go back and remove that tied in log, it weighed about 35 lbs and is about 25 or 30 feet up close to the road, imagine if the ropes rot and it falls at the wrong time....:O

Yeah, I agree doves don't seem real bright but I gotta say the chicks always bring to mind the attributes of bravery, stoicism and just plain quiet strong spirit. Even if that is overthinking it, the way they just chill in the nest amidst the high likelihood of impending certain death always moves me in a big way.

Knowing how freaking tough animals are, from the sound of it I'd bet some of them make it, Sam.

I saved a big ass snapping turtle crossing an interstate, coming off a bridge. Poor fellow appeared to have crossed the entire overpass and was so big no one wanted to hit it.

I did just like on TV, went up behind it and grabbed it just like they show. It was no problem, and he seemed quite happy when I dropped him off on some flooded lowlands.

Wondering if that turtle was the swimming type!
Lol watched some thing where a girl was trying to save a tortoise in the same manner but tossed it into the water,that variation was not a swimmer. Needless to say it did not make it out...

5 cents of Black Magic (electrical tape ) or Gray Magic (duct tape) and an extra key on the truck frame safe hassles.

Deva, the Coolvests are very worth the money. Think about the cost of an employee per day, then take their productivity and reduce it by 20% for heat stress. Employee expense doesn't go down. The vests only wear out if you're using them. Any time they sit waiting for the next hot day, they don't degrade/ lose value. How much would you pay per day to increase safety/ reduce loss?

For people in temperate climates, slight bumps in temps really hit them (soft coasties). I was with Alaskans last night, the Brit/ Alaskan transplant dad gets too hot over 65*, like the born in Alaska daughter, who likewise is a cool/ damp person. The mom is from Michigan, and thinks they're soft in a joking way.

Back