The Official Work Pictures Thread

Y'all's pines are monsters. Glad to see him with an auxiliary tie-in...dead stuff is bad juju. Maybe using a cable tie breakaway lanyard attachment?

I asked him if he had some zip ties for wire core lanyard...he didnt seem to care..lol

And I thought he was going to top it just below canker, he went above it, but thats why his nickname is Madman..lol

Jed...your urban work with all it's attendant hazards makes my skin crawl.

I had to work with a few high dollar value homes, and other assorted infrastructure from time to time (and more every year as my rep for not breaking those things gathered a bit of momentum :)). But the everyday aspect that you and most of the other arbs here have to deal with is enough to give me serious pause.

You're getting pretty good at this, young puppy :D. Congrats.

Y'all's pines are monsters. Glad to see him with an auxiliary tie-in...dead stuff is bad juju. Maybe using a cable tie breakaway lanyard attachment?

For the most part, I dislike the breakaway idea. Especially in that tree, id have probably been cutting it right above or below the canker if the wood was good, highly unlikely that thing would break or split, still had all its bark. Fun job

I Remember...

My last break-away from my lanyard was me slicing it in half with my saw...

It was a rush for sure.

Back from another week of vacation 8) ;)/QUOTE] Man, it sure is nice to be your own boss ain't it Scott. On a week, off a week, where'd you go this time?
Tall trees for sure man.

You got that right big ray!

I went to the eastern Sierras for 5 days, camping, hiking and the most important.....Fishing (Fishmas lol)

Pic is at Blue Lake at over 10K ft ;)

126.jpg

What a fabulous picture, that could be on the cover of a flyfishing magazine! I doubt you had much competition at 10,000 feet. I've read about golden trout at those elevations, do you have them there?

What a fabulous picture, that could be on the cover of a flyfishing magazine! I doubt you had much competition at 10,000 feet. I've read about golden trout at those elevations, do you have them there?

Thanks Ray!
Yes, but just south of this area in other lakes which had to much snow to access for the Goldens....its on my bucket list to catch one ;) and put it back!

Going back in September if the snow ever melts lol

Scott: Pretty shure I just drooled in your boat... man, that was so beautiful. Yeah, Madman Joe's a stinkin madman. Ida been takin that top BELOW the goofy spot if space allowed fer sure.

Brian: MAN!! How bout all the new SRT rigs out there... the HAAS and that... Do you go up dDrt, er what do you do??

Burnham: I don't desereve NONE a that, and you know it, sir. I never really tend to post all the stuff I've busted up... they just keep giving it to me. :?

Fun change today... Just knocking down little Red Cedars to try to scale some timber value out of em. (32's and 28's) Had to send Joe and Dave up to strip all the limbs and top em out for me to slide them through the keeper Cedars. Got a shot of em, but it was too dark. Those kids are tearing it up though. I'm starting to get a little-bit proud of em.

Never had to scale any timber before. I'm trying to zip all of my hinges pretty tight to minimize the pull-wood.

unnamed-1386.jpg unnamed-1385.jpg

Brian: MAN!! How bout all the new SRT rigs out there... the HAAS and that... Do you go up dDrt, er what do you do??

I don't know if my hip is bad or if I tore a muscle, but for the last 10 years there are certain motions I simply cannot do with my left leg. I had to change how I do a lot of things including how I sit on the toilet and how I get in and out of my truck. But I don't climb at all any more except climbing up the steps to get in my bucket. Back in the day I was pretty good. At 40 or 41 (I forgot) I entered into the Geezer's climbing challenge and came in 3rd in the work climb, and they had over 2 dozen climbers there. But that just sounds like bragging, I know.

But at least I still get to work in trees. I just access the work differently now. Love what I do and I'll be running chainsaws until they stuff me in a hole in the ground.

Lazar cut hinges Jed
I played around on the county job side blasting a sycamore while the boys cleaned up yesterday's mess
IMG_1740.jpg IMG_1741.jpg
It was a beautiful day:D

I never really tend to post all the stuff I've busted up... they just keep giving it to me.

Jed, you are funny, man! But....SOMEBODY has got to bust stuff. Lots of folks wait to take down a tree too long (as if you don't know)...and something is almost guaranteed to get sideways in the road. You and Rich are out there everyday encountering the madness of procrastination. You probably just bust less than most of us would. So...you are the preferred buster.:D

OUR buster....bust away,brother.

Brian...about 8 years ago I was wondering if I needed hip work. I didn't remember injuring my hip but I could not move or walk correctly without pain for months...saw the docs and after several types of medical imaging they decided I had a torn labrum in the hip socket area. Only one orthopod in the Atlanta area did arthroscopes of the hip then. I asked the doc about physical therapy to fix it...he said OK to try but he didn't think it would work. I went to a PT that had helped me before and worked on flexibility and strength of the hip area for about 3 months. It worked...I cannot remember now which hip it was. I can move around fine. But I was pretty sure I needed hip surgery at first.

If you have not gotten a good orthopedic/sports medicine evaluation it may be worth it. A good Phys. Therapist might be able to improve your range of motion/function.

Back