The Official Work Pictures Thread

Informative, Stig, Thanks.

Do you use skidders or just forwarders? Wondering why low stumps are mandated. Somewhere, I heard 12" or less is required here in logging.

Forwarders and skidders, both.

I think the low stump thing is a carry-over from back in the day when the machines had a hard time getting over them.

Harvesters make high stumps here, so why not manual fallers.

Sometimes I get the feeling the management simply likes pissing on the few manual loggers, that are left.

It may have been deeper, but I took the home owner at his word. The Tree Co owner was a CA, incidentally, another one.

Oh I believe you Reg. One of the pressures I really felt as a co owner was the inability to refuse a tree. I'd have loved to have had someone around I could hire in. Unfortunately that isn't the norm around here. Subbing or hired gun climbers.

Cory, He's a true professional. Super polite and punctual....and a giant bag of tricks.

Stephen, Lawrence did all the hard stuff, I cut down a pine tree that had pockets of pudding...the spur would just sink in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Go Law.

aug

It was a mini ficus forest.

Today we stump ground about 8 of the 12.

Then a crew is gonna come and remove about 10 roll offs of dirt.

On the 18th... we're gonna crane in 4 trees.
36578b15bbcd3db0ec9579914539f10f.jpg

Watched them set up to lift a house 4 inches....
7c4f6498a5e1d3ae978a2ff7c4f3324c.jpg

Roll off as in dumpsters? That seems like a good sized project.

Eta: will you need to back fill better soil?

I bet natural ficus forests are a trip.

I've heard tale of them being woven into living bridges over rivers in Malaysia or Indonesia or somethin.

Buddha likes ficus!

Nitida or Retusa Bode?

Jomo

Nitida...

The Alpine blasts them in about 10-15 minutes per. We do a lot of precleaning...looking for pipes and wires.

The 4 new trees will be 60" boxes...so we need to remove that volume and ammend the soil in prep.

42ee2cd78b3e6664a55e23cab0363771.jpg
8ff1119ce1e9b6dcc05b12617b16ffeb.jpg

Nah. Ha. The next contractor has 10 days to do that....all by hand.

No machinery fits.
Kinda why the AM is so choice.

I'm sure someone in San Fran has a vacumn truck. Contractors use them to remove dirt/oil under leaky pad mount transformers here. Would be mighty handy to make a pit like that Deva.

Those vac trucks usually have a pressure washer on them to help it dig. They use them to found utilities here all the time, much faster than hand digging and you can run some hose to it too

I bought an airspade for digging around utilities and funky spots.

I finished my end today. Those boys can dig and whatever....I'll try to swing by during the week and check their progress.
Feels good. They even paid me a week before the job started.

Before.
be8f341e1c9a129051b3bffcbff9e43b.jpg

After.
62e673e2507685aeb6be6c7b13a623a4.jpg
7c47aa0e8222fb6eed2d41daa4ec131c.jpg

Back