The Official Work Pictures Thread

It is a Birch Cory :)

Betula alleghaniensis: Yellow Birch. Heavy, difficult wood to split, that will melt your stove. Burns wonderfully once it's seasoned.

Waaaa :whine: I was going to say that but the bark looked rather dark.

Heck of a tight job Deva. Talk about 10 in 5.

Had a nice easy morning with three cherry removals. Three or four big cuts and drop spars. It was pretty relaxing
IMG_1662.jpg
Also it was the first day in a week that I didn't get rained on at work:D

Moved on from this one to another insurance job down the street. Hopefully the adjacent home, too.
Stump grinding later.

Five dead ash removals today. Between this job and one I did last week a few miles away there's a log truck load. Wish I took some pics as we got into some pretty heavy rigging trying to keep all the logs long enough to haul.
Since these things are kinda uncommon around here, does anyone know what this is? Dawn redwood maybe? Bald cypress? I've seen less than a dozen in my life and this is the biggest and best looking I've come across in my area.
IMG_1665.jpg

I'll go with dawn redwood.

Rigging to keep things long for haulablity, that sounds rough. I'm more into 'get it down fast, easy, and safe. Figure out wood removal after that.'

But i hear ya.

I thought about PC and Carl's equipment many a time throughout the day. Why do I do this for an hourly rate? A good hourly rate but really why do I put up with this? Tired and grumpy I guess. The wife tells me the kids are feeling better so hopefully I will get to sleep tonight.

Five dead ash removals today. Between this job and one I did last week a few miles away there's a log truck load. Wish I took some pics as we got into some pretty heavy rigging trying to keep all the logs long enough to haul.
Since these things are kinda uncommon around here, does anyone know what this is? Dawn redwood maybe? Bald cypress? I've seen less than a dozen in my life and this is the biggest and best looking I've come across in my area.
View attachment 78773
Bald cypress

IMG_1668.jpg
Kinda fun playing with the skidder today. Just chipping tops from a clearing. I'll have this thing half figured out by the time I'm done here:lol:

Nice!

Small 18" diameter maple take down in Paris. HO wanted brush stacked and they will take care of it. Damn I fuggin' wish I made my cart years ago. TD, stacking and stump grind took 4hrs solo. Another 2 stumps in Brantford in the afternoon.
20170510_115222.jpg 20170510_115828.jpg 20170510_130949.jpg

Back