The Official Work Pictures Thread

Jed, that saw runs a treat. It is a 660 ported with a dual port muffler. Running a 30" bar and 8 pin sprocket.

It cuts great but that was a double cut tree and as I was finishing my the hinge I think it was catching on the kerf within the wood. Almost like having a bur on the bar but the bar is pretty new. I was having trouble at the end getting the saw to bite, then over she goes.

That is what I was looking at when I was having a gander in the back cut.

...but still get around ok.

Yeah... apparently.

U.k. Rich: That might happen to all of us... I've noticed the same thing a lot of times, and I've always wondered if that is all the tension wood being cut up from the back of the hinge. Kinda feels a bit like the chain is almost binding-up in the cut, and as if you've got to lean on the dogs a bit more at the last thickness of the hinge... but I don't know... you'd think it'd be the other way around.

The best nickel in the world, the best prices in the world and the worlds best Arborist.

Sounds like you have it sorted up there. Why do you still work at your age? I would have made my money and hung up my harness long ago. And enjoyed living in the best place in the world.

Williard: I had some small and easy Alders to remove today, felt guilty for finishing up really early... so I talked the young and impressionable Jake the Russian into going out to help Chris Maragulia whom I have almost sold on your Husq. battery saw. He's super prissy about 2-cycle fumes, but other than that... a first rate tree man. Here's some evidence...

Everyone: This is the guy that (Jackwagon that I am--thanks Jim) I've been super jealous of. Listen gentlemen: (Not you Butch... you already know this) Jealousy is a shamefully disgusting, wretched feeling that I am now so ashamed for ever having felt, that I'd just as soon kill myself as go on living...and yet...... why not just acknowledge it, be DONE with it and then just move right along? Well then... (insert long and very satisfying deeply felt sigh)... that's all better... and here ya go...

unnamed-818.jpg unnamed-817.jpg unnamed-819.jpg

This gives ya some idea of the height of these skinny poplars... I had to circle my truck around to back my chipper in, and caught this shot of Chris in the bucket. Bucket goes to 65'.

unnamed-820.jpg

...and now just bought my first boat last year....Kids and wife love it, tubing, fishing. Plus we travel on vacation 2-3 times a year. We have our rv camper parked at the lake every summer.
Next week were off to the Maritimes for 3 weeks, Christmas off to Mexico for another 3. Next May we're doing London.

That's it... Cory pushed me over the brink in response to my most recent anti-U.S. sentiments, and I'm officially a Canadian wanna-be. There is just absolutely NO STINKING WAY, that any American tree man could ever do that well for himself in any possible universe. I beg anyone on here to defy me.

Williard, it's readily appearant that many folks on here don't like you. You (to them) come across as boastful and arrogant, but I see you as almost worshipfully delighting in something that God obviously made you to do. To me you're the very manifestation of August's "Made for This," idea. Rock on good sir.

Ya'll forced my hand!

4tnb6r.jpg

Back