The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks Stephen, luckily the track fix isn't terrible, poor dingo just isn't getting around as well as it was earlier on this job. Constant ice buildup on the drive wheel and against the frame. Then it's a propane torch and a screwdriver before we can get it back on.

Pehaps why I gave BOTS a hard time about being "icy" there... The struggle is real, LOL.

Rich: I mighta said the same thing for you!

Tom: Excellent looking work there brother. Clean cuts. Beautiful equiptment, sir.

Joel: What the heck's goin' on there brother? Looks like you're hand-loggin a tree farm!

Sure feels like it! It's only 12yr old growth and just two acres plus 30ft drive swath. Pulpwood guys were not interested to small they say/said.
Lost a skid steer tire a day before this job they are a not so easy a size to find local and I don't know why nothing more than a baler tread. Any way it has made it far more hard work than planned and slower.

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trees produce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care!

Dang Rsky, you felling Christmas trees now...lol....stacking and racking, nice work ;)

You guys have rad pictures of you guys working....

I have some bidding pictures and watching some other people work lately...

Here's some fodder to view on.

Trim it...
e2a9ee4faa1b6d0fe807e9d9677e84e7.jpg

Check out the subtle root pruning of this euc.
9cf8bda21cd8f534916ae7b8795b25b8.jpg

Little IVY job.
6997509771688886d8b4dd48898eb87b.jpg

Deadwooding in Chinatown.
When is the slow time?
c33a513f503d7fb7d1e8df50369ac3bd.jpg

2486258c6e17a13a0a7d83c065c8ed6b.jpg

Sudden pine drop.
cfeb413f4616619ac22f4b6832365d6b.jpg

@$ha...is this ok?
e8e3726c9c75cfc7984e15d74ae87d67.jpg

Thanks Stephen, luckily the track fix isn't terrible, poor dingo just isn't getting around as well as it was earlier on this job. Constant ice buildup on the drive wheel and against the frame. Then it's a propane torch and a screwdriver before we can get it back on.

Pehaps why I gave BOTS a hard time about being "icy" there... The struggle is real, LOL.
I wonder if a liberal coat of wd40 would help with the ice. I've used it on the eyes of a fishing pole when fishing in freezing weather. Might be worth a try.

I just bought a fluid film sprayer, eager to try it, brushing and aerosol cans are pita.

Yeah, but it's the pedestrians that will scare you worse that you've ever been scared.

Typical Golf Course Fir today, before sidewalling some Cottonwoods. Man, those golf courses got it figured out! Cut all the Firs down for your stupid golf course except the three that hang over the homebuyer's house. The wind came along and heaved the rootwad. I was too scared to wedge that pig because of a 7 degree back lean, a weird cat-face, plus all the limbs on the house side, so I went all the way up to bust out a tiny top, and then hung a rope. Wedged right over after all that. 133' on the log-tape. 28" handle on the axe.....

unnamed-473.jpg unnamed-467.jpg unnamed-472.jpg unnamed-469.jpg unnamed-468.jpg unnamed-470.jpg unnamed-471.jpg

Nice work Jed!

Willie and Reddog, we hit the dingo with wd40 twice today.... Worked amazing, no ice buildup. Owe you guys a beer or six!

You were a ways up there eh? Scare me to death.

Yeah, it scared me too Jim. I went clean to the top just to keep the brush a hair-bit closer to the chipper. The drag was long enough as it was and the boys were pissed. If I had streched it into the golf-course "woods," (and we were contracted to chip all the brush) they might have mutinyed.

Yeah, but it's the pedestrians that will scare you worse that you've ever been scared.

Typical Golf Course Fir today, before sidewalling some Cottonwoods. Man, those golf courses got it figured out! Cut all the Firs down for your stupid golf course except the three that hang over the homebuyer's house. The wind came along and heaved the rootwad. I was too scared to wedge that pig because of a 7 degree back lean, a weird cat-face, plus all the limbs on the house side, so I went all the way up to bust out a tiny top, and then hung a rope. Wedged right over after all that. 133' on the log-tape. 28" handle on the axe.....

View attachment 66289View attachment 66290View attachment 66291View attachment 66292View attachment 66293View attachment 66294View attachment 66295

That is quite a pole there Jed,👍 way to be.

Jed, that is one high, skinny pecker wood pole!! Mind boggling to see...you are a trooper going all the way to the top of that one. How was the oscillation factor when you threw the top?

Back