The Official Work Pictures Thread

I wondered about that...a situation that is unexpected/un-imagined. It never occurred to me a tree could grab you like a clam underwater. I'll be watching tight crotches in the future.

Andrey....excellent pictures at the graveyard. They have the right man doing the job...takes very good and confident skill to do that work properly.

Worst case of that I've ever had, was in the woods.
In the local State forest there is a stand of old oaks which are genetically as near perfect for here as you can get. So every year they put cloth under them and catch all the acorns for seeds.
The results are some amazing, near identical oaks, that are REALLY hard to thin, since there are almost no bad specimens to cull. You end up just counting meters between them instead.
One of those was split in a storm and was threatening to ruin two others, so I got a call to come take it down.
We did it by the simple means of me climbing up and setting a choker around the top of the log, then pulling with a skidder, as we felled it as if it was still one, intact tree.
It was a windy day when I spurred up that one, and the split kept opening and closing as I went up, pulling me into the log and letting me back out as my lanyard was around the whole tree.
Man, was I ever aware of where I put my fingers!!

That was back before throwlines and SRT. Today that job would have been a walk in the park.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Nice pics Andre. Cemeteries are a PITA.

No real tree work today. Split wood for a customer today. Rented a TM splitter from the farmer down the road and put the mini to work as well. Bunch of white pine, Norway spruce, and some Fraser fir. All ready for the outdoor burner.

Another one from early this week

6ImUk2ul.jpg

Getting out some dangerous dead limbs in Big English Walnut tree down over pool area in Sacramento.

Q8Vj7o8l.jpg

The leaning portion of the Lombardi is broken through at about 5'.
If I could see a decent place to shoot a line I would, the other stems close to the broken one have too many branches to clearly see if they are compromised or have a good spot for a TIP.

As much hassle as it is to get a lift here, my spidey sense is telling me to approach with caution!

Love those cemetery pics Andrey

Yeah, If one's available... get the lift, Fiona. Amost always better anyway.

Sweet down-only woods stuff for an HOA today. Jake the Russian on log. 28" handle on axe.
unnamed-458.jpg unnamed-456.jpg unnamed-454.jpg unnamed-453.jpg

Look at how nasty this Hemlock was, yet not a hint of rot in the stump! Sometimes things just work out...

unnamed-455.jpg unnamed-457.jpg unnamed-452.jpg

Piss down rain all day, and then a drive home in this!

Attachments

• unnamed-451.jpg
    unnamed-451.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 54
Working in the rain sucks!! Playing in the rain is fine, though...

What did you do all day in the rain?

My first ever job as a climber, green as hell, was a couple of big lombardys. Had to rope most down, pretty scary stuff. Used a hand saw for most as I wasnt that experienced with a saw! Managed to fell the trunks and found them to be hollow as hell! In at the deep end! Job was for 'Tree work' from Stockport. I think he paid me minimum wage. I left after 3 weeks! Glen Kay was his name.

Wow. I think we were making over that just dragging brush.

Here's this mornings' cluster monkey....good grief. It was cozy in the loader....

Then after that we chipped up storm cleanup absolutely soaked through rain gear, the good car hart stuff, with a boss bossing us on the whole time....F!

Rode home on my moto trying not to get killed by blind crazies driving in the night rain.

Had a job cancel on me because he was nervous about his 30' high by 40' wide stone pine was gonna get el nino'd up in the air like Dorothy so he had another Co come in and do the work....I spent an hour with that guy. F!

I'm pinging.

:)
dfa5c94274c27a315bd7d38f04fa3787.jpg

15908384ea67331bb80480d9893e1498.jpg

Back