The Official Work Pictures Thread

So what should I find on my clip-board this morning?... Lombardy Pooplar... 39"x120', with compromised root-wad. Slightly better double-cut today. Nasty pics... raining sideways.

Fiona: SRT is definitely the thing to run in those pigs.

unnamed-443.jpg unnamed-444.jpg unnamed-445.jpg unnamed-446.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-447.jpg
    unnamed-447.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 55
Slightly better? Looks damn good to me. Nasty trees. I'm glad they don't get very big here. They tend to die once they get about 30 foot tall for some reason. I've never removed or trimmed a live one.

image.jpg man did I make a mess today. A nice breeze covered everything to the east of me in saw dust. We gathered up 6 garbage cans full.

There not that bad, I climb a lot of them, I have done 2 already this week. As Burnham said - guy week unions, either with a ratchet strap, or if your rigging then use 2 blocks to compress it.

Pete, do you mean two block to redirect forces into compressing the limbs rather than lever out on one limb with one block, or something more?

Nice work Jed, I will say wind is the thing that renders lombardies difficult.

Or easy.

I had a nasty one to do years ago, would all have to be rigged down over a garden. Stripped the lowest part of the stem, and straight felled it into a park through a tiny gap in the hedge. Wind just pushed it of nicely.

Funny you say that Peter... I remember thinking all day, "Man, if the wind were 45 degrees different, I'd hardly have to rope out a single limb." But as it was... the whole thing had to rope out. Those things catch so very much wind, man. Each limb is like a giant sail.

Nice work Jed, I will say wind is the thing that renders lombardies difficult.

Did a large one in too high wind, once.
My foot slipped into one of those narrow crothes that they have, which the wind had opened further.
As soon as the gust of wind was over, I was stuck.
Nothing to do but wait for another strong gust to free me.
Meanwhile my groundie is yelling his head off, trying to find out, why I'm just standing there, like: " get some wood down here, dude!"
Eventually got free and learned the lesson. Stay out of those tight crothes in high winds.

Wow, Andrey. You sure seem to find a lot of iron in your jobs! Is that why they called it the Iron Curtain?;)

Hows the Russian winter treating you?

I think you have guessed that this cemetery. How sadly we all eventually find ourselves behind the curtain. Who earlier, some later. Winter this year is very warm. Today it was + 5 * C, and rain fell.

Back