The Official Work Pictures Thread

Partner took a few pics today. Removed a big, dead and pretty rotten sand pine along with some live oak limbs. Had two climb lines to cut down on a big swing in case of failure and zip ties on my lanyard. Installed a guy too as it was leaning pretty hard. image1-2.jpg image2-2.jpg image3-2.jpg image4-2.jpg Don't know what's up with the sideways loads

Wow Ray, nice job on the kids. Homeschooled and they didn't go nuts when they encountered the freedom of college?

Any way to get him working again Peter? Can you get custody? Or is welfare a popular choice?

He's under his mom welfare, due to her defrauding welfare previously her assistance was only about $160 /mo,and my son was court ordered to live with me, due to a new motion by my ex, we ended up in trial after a couple years of court conferences, we had "pre-trial" in which the judge told her she will still be paying me, credit to my ex, she "found" a "girlfriend" for my son, and he ran to be with this girl, lasted not a week, then his mom moved in, and now she receives over $1200/mo, plus an apartment. Now, child benefits only last till he's 18, on june 3 this year......they both loose the welfare. Not much in the way for him since he's not in school anymore, she let him skip classes.

....so basically yes, welfare is the way to go for many, many people up here, not so much young and "able bodied" unless they have babies of their own (a common choice). Now, once he's 18 he has to apply for his own welfare, and the previous requirement was that he was supposed to be in school and graduate at 18, well, he might be hard pressed to come up with a good reason for him to be on welfare.

EDIT: Up here children at 14 can pretty much do what they want, and self determine their life. Courts, police and social workers basically wash their hands in helping children with their parents at this point.

Not at all Cory. They came home nearly every weekend, studied their tails off and it has paid great dividends with grades and scholarship money. Saved Daddy a bundle too. Most important though is that they are people of great character and integrity. Can you tell I'm proud? Is it okay for a rooster to crow over his own flock?

Well, I'll try my best with the little girl, she doesn't always listen, I'm always on her for PPE, she just wants to get'er done! Cherry from this past spring, I think.

IMG2193.jpg

Love that pic!
Kids will either do or won't ...
All you can do is give them opportunity and resource. Show them work ethic. Hope it takes. Sometimes they wake up later to it. Rob's son Wyatt is a good example of that. He finally got on the ball and has been advancing quickly up the chain in a grocery. He is in purchasing now.
Up to that job, we had serious doubts. Got married right out of high school and pretty much expected him and his preggy wife to be cared for. Something finally clicked.
Had Mike's son with us on the last couple jobs. Tad younger than Levi. He got a quad for Christmas and was working to keep it gassed ;)
He did good. I flipped him some bucks and he got to get a lolly pop at the bank while I pulled his money.
Levi and Kat met up with us there. Levi seemed a tad jealous Mike's son got to work and get paid while he was with his mom (his choice). See how they do together. Little competition can go a ways :D ;)

BOTS and I with a team of ground men tore it up! Silver Maple takedown, tons of black oak limbs and trees, it was great! Only got a couple pics though...

IMG_0045.jpg BOTS as he climbs up the last tree...

Bots 2.jpg that Terex 730 makes a nice chip!

That was a fun day Brian, 6 trees on our plate, liked it!!

Terex making some nice chips is right!

Do those spurs ride lower than typical? They look short to me in the pics.

Brian, your chipper would look really nice with a big company sign on the back/ sides where the decal is, especially while the paint is still clean, for best adhesion. I'd say the same for the truck. Next round of signs for me will be changing Boxer to SSTL.

Lurker here, still mostly lurking but here's a little sharing as well:

DSCN1353.JPG

DSCN1363.JPG

DSCN1366.JPG

DSCN1367.JPG

Back