The Official Work Pictures Thread

Tomorrow is the first business day after the 4th. I bet I'll get called back.

I don't know about welding, myself, but was told that it was likely from the welder being back a bit too far, and the shielding gas not being fully effective, and having oxygen at the weld, or something like that. The was a lot with no penetration that broke off cleanly, and some raised ridges around it, where there was some penetration (of something of that nature). All the rest of the welds look solid. Everybody has a bad bit of work now and again.

All I can say is, BUY A LOADER!

It is sorta like riding a horse, its not a Cadillac Limo, riding around making cocktails. When hanging out the back for counterweight, you're hanging as much as standing, so its still physical, but nothing compared to dragging brush and logs. Stupid easy.

I was carrying brush down a 25-30 degree slope, I think. Also, pushing brush down the hill with the bucket. I don't think I could have made it back up with a load. Just getting rid of old logs and dirty brush and such. I used a log as a push stick to really get stuff down the hill more, without risking going down, too far, as I was getting onto less undisturbed ground as I went more down the hill.

Can't agree more Sean. My mini has saved me more labor/time than anything else I own hands down.

Hope they take care of the weld problem quick & easy for you.

Oak tree removal over the next day or so. Shame, but the tree had included bark that was opening up an split for a good 6 - 7 foot below the union. Tree was ratchet strapped up and removed weight. Had to periodically retensioned the straps as I went.

A few pic and how we left it after day 1. Pretty easy paced day, the guy I am working for has 3 days on it so didn't want to blitz it.

A bit of rigging tomorrow to get the last quarter or so of the foliage off and then logs.

OAK1.jpg oak2.jpg oak3.jpg oak4.jpg

:thumbup: Nice job!

Here are a few from today. Cottonwood. Guessing 30" dbh. Tie-in is about 70'. Will finish tomorrow if the rain holds off. Have to look at neighbors on both sides now after they watched. :D

Attachments

• 20140707_121318.jpg
    20140707_121318.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20140707_135424.jpg
    20140707_135424.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20140707_135431.jpg
    20140707_135431.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20140707_140144.jpg
    20140707_140144.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20140707_140211.jpg
    20140707_140211.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 60
Cheers, I love a bit of bondage!

Gary, no we didn't fell the tree in the first picture. I chunked down the RH stem and took bits of the left as I needed to removing the ratchet straps as I went. So we had the RH stem removed and the LH stem about 20 odd foot and then flopped the trunk over. The HO wanted the stem left 2-3 foot of the floor for a planter.

Thanks.

Love it when they say that, saves those difficult final cuts.
You'll be back next year to grind out that stump when they get bored of looking at that monstrosity.

Working for some more high end clients friends today, man these people have some money!

Digger pine removal over shop, removing side weight so can fell it, HO does clean up.

HO owns about 8 acres of river and home...doesnt live here, just a place to fish and spend weekends.

He wants me to come back and fish....will do!!! :)

Poplar tree from today.
nu6ypy7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back