The Official Work Pictures Thread

I have grate strengths, too!

vada9u6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought, too...I probably would have cleared out the first tree before felling the 2nd...nah...I probably wouldn't have even tried what he did with the first.

Showoff!!

Holmen, How did you keep those trunks from ripping off the stump/bouncing into the buildings? Cool fall.
Thanks guys.
Those spruce both had a good side lean to the left which I had to compensate my gunsight to, only used the saws sights. You can see the tapered hinge in the one that had the most side lean.

The trick is to make a full 70-90 degree open face notch so the hinge only breaks when the tree hits level ground which is when the notch is completely closed at that point.

Spruce has amazing sap wood strength in the outside perimeter of the hinge as the first felled tree shows.

Attachments

• 20140709_125806.jpg
    20140709_125806.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 55
Oh...so it's that simple...:lol:

You used words to 'splain it...I understand the words...implementing is a whole different thing.

Good show.

That's funny Gary:D
No rush to get those trees down, they've only been standing there for over 80 years ha .
Take your time, make a humbolt and conventional face notch together to make a 90 opening, work that gunsight to compensate the side lean........
The heck with it, let me show you :lol:

Another Oak takedown today. Pretty warm by the end of it. 27degrees C. Dropped most of the tree on the woodland looking side which was actually the customers garden and then a fair bit of tricky rigging over the neighbours garden behind an ivy clad leaner. Bit of a hitch to be honest but got her done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405188426.394062.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405188457.036027.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405188470.751663.jpg

Rich

Cheers, I find it make it easier to pull over. We didn't have anything to rigg a MA off. Just 3 fat groundies so I gutted it to make it a bit easier.

I reckon it was all me though with wedges and a felling bar! ;)

Big oak, BigGun!

Here's some end weight reduction of two good sized lawson cypresses.

and the door. Their basement was like 4' tall. I was looking for John Malkovich.
u4anenym.jpg

ure7yhy8.jpg

su4ugu2a.jpg

6u6ugede.jpg

Deva, you ever make mulch lasagna? chip, layer tarp, chip, layer tarp, chip, layer tarp, chip. Slides out on a downhill slant from the first chips establishing a slope easier than a pitch fork, and you can use your whole bed width, unlike the Loadhandler which works, but is best in a 4' chute. A labor saver for a hard-working family man. Chips may not compact quite as well, but by the time my bed was full, my truck was already way overloaded.

The angled chute might help to feed 'fines'. I chip downhill when given the chance. Disconnecting and jacking up the tongue as much as possible means lower loading height to my tray.

I think it was maybe RogerB's Bandit that had a way-low feed tray. I would like that.

That's my buddy Phil's. It's an old preMorbark. With good knives it rips.

You gotta lean into the brush, I let him deal with it...City style, gotta go small sometimes.

Sean,

Phil unloads that crap by hand with a pitch fork, blasting OZZY at 11!!!
He don't care. Says it takes 4 songs to empty that 1965 Twin I beam Ford one ton.

Haha. Makes me money though.

Other places, I have other Chipper subs. Like up North, different guy.
I have yet to buy my own, I need a yard.

Back