The Official Work Pictures Thread

Carl, just a thought....
Stake body bed. Allows you to have the flat factor for turning with the trailer on, but you can also fab heavy duty, wiggle free sides to drop in there with the loader as needed. It's not 100% ideal, but is a bit of a compromise. Im not talking typical wobbly stake sides that don't like the outward push of heavy material but maybe a one piece stake insert for each side that runs the whole length. Something you could fab to your own specs of weight and rigidity.

The idea I like best so far is a flatbed with bolt on sides. Swing them on with the loader or excavator, bolt down for premium rigidity. They'll be strong enough to run a tailgate as well, I figure.

Either have I. But also I never considered bolting the sides down. Im about to take my 350 11 ft stakebody and make it a flatbed dump. To start, stake sides come off. How I create the next sides is to be determined. I thought about an 11 ft painted plank down each side, with metal stake style supports down into the stake pockets. The truck will be used for whole length logs, stump grinding, light towing, raking to keep chip truck full of clean chips, etc...

The bolt pads for the sides came to me one day while driving. With that the sides will be bomber, and sturdy enough for a functioning tailgate. Also, it would be easy to fabricate, and offer a trouble free life going on and off, if required.

An extension of that idea was a bolt on king post in each rear corner, then fold down sides.

You can do it Nick. B can explain how. He has stood on top of many trees collecting pine cones. Theres a method though.

I mean, I understand... but we dont have BIG conifers here, and our hardwoods dont really lend themselves towards getting your waist level with the tips...

It seems like any pics of guys you see like that are from out west.

Hey Bonner, Sorry man if I was a little short earlier.
One of the guys climbing broke this granite japanese pagoda
and I'm waiting for the edgy to begin with homeowner to call....bet he calls Monday.

Yeah, the top o' the tree is the best for view prunes.
Many times I find myself standing above a tie in and flip line Cranking on my pole clip.
Sphere of influence, exhaust it, change it. Repeat.

No worries Deva. They are cool pics, thanks for posting! If you guys saw what passes for a 'conifer' here in Ohio you would laugh! The only one we have that gets big are Norway Spruces it seems and those top out around 80-90' i want to say.

Same here Nick 100' max on spruces. Max. Some white pines a little bigger here and there not not too often.

My friends that I work for in the summertime in NM just sent me this video of a job we did a couple summers ago. I had forgotten that there was a film crew on site recording the renovations of the county courthouse. Turns out we ended up on YouTube. Skip ahead to about 1:50. That's me in the bucket. :)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wTGn3yr3rQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm taking out 8 trees 5.5 miles from my folks house. Worked out a deal with dad to pile them at the house on a piece of dirt I'm clearing. Been working off/on (mainly off) clearing the land and flattening it out for the past year. Cut another dumping lane to the right of the pile today, and stacked up the brush to ensure I keep enough room for all the trees. Only 3 trees in the pile thus far, plus a bit of stuff I cleared around the property. Should be a decent fire!

IMG_6620.jpg
IMG_6622.jpg

Back