The Official Work Pictures Thread

The salesman wanted plant>lag>thimble>#9 wire>thimble>lag>post... I thought this looked clean, was secure, and gave the plant room to move and grow. It holds the plant tight to pole, which is how the HO wants it to grow, at the same time it will allow the stem to increase in diameter without pushing into the post. In a couple of years the lags on the post can easily loosened with a pair of pliers thus making it adjustable.

I installed 3 pretty evenly spaced sets of lags and am happy with the result. I definitely feel like supporting the heaviest parts extended the life of the plant beyond just saving it from being girdled when we removed the wire. Its nice when you visualize doing something different than its normally done and it turns out good.

It's rough sometimes to have a full time job and manage a side business.
I find I'm always working, or bidding, or on the phone or invoicing, etc....

Sean, I can empathize.

Though there are perks and I can quit anytime.

Good knowing things are covered by a salary, with extras covered with extra business money (that's with both of us having full time jobs). Does missus Deva work (outside the home, as they say)?

Yes, Mims consults about half time at a Global Health non-profit downtown.
She's gonna volunteer about 20% at the preschool starting in August in order to defer premium pay.

There are guys at work whose sig others don't work and it shows,
it's tough to support a family on one income.

Childcare is crazy here, Preschools about $5-7000/year Nanny's/baby sitters are $150/day.
Thank god we've had a granny nanny living in the bottom flat for the last two years.

Sean, you can find a cheaper alternative here,
but chances are your baby is gonna be strapped to a car seat
watching the same VHS/BETA tape go round and round.........for $50/day.

A good pre-school recommended to us (with a waiting list is around $40-50/ day). Our nannies (Ariel #1, and Ariel #2, no joke) work for 10/ hour cash, most frequently 10 hours/ day. Amounts to close around 14K/ year. All our family is far away (we moved someplace much cooler than Chicago and OKC (no offense, SoonerFan)).

Clean, Nick.

480518_10151542129991815_818295693_n.jpg 549840_10151542170676815_660572_n.jpg

Dont usually get pics taken of me while climbing, but the roofer guys said wait! Let me take a pic... So I blew out the top of this small white pine in all my glory :D

The camera is around 14-15' off the ground. The pile is growing!

se4apyvu.jpg

We are about done burning here Carl. Pile like that, we would have to wait for a rainy day prior to May, hire a water truck, or wait until next rainy season (November, December).

I was kidding about the slanted back cut. I mock the slanted back cut I see constantly in peoples yards.

Back