The Official Work Pictures Thread

The drilled out booms are fairly common, especially on some older model cranes, like pre 2005 model years. Still a somewhat common sight in newer cranes as well.

You can tell Link Belts by their boom's construction. That was done at the mfg level, not the end user. It's the same premise of a lattice boom, removing metal where it isn't needed to lighten the weight of the boom.

This is about as good as it gets up here with maybe 75 or so boom.. They will rarely put a jib on...
crane-17ton.jpg

Not that company though... just the rig

We had to take down some dying ash trees in the park today.
Tall ones!
Since Richard is still gimping around and I got my leg whacked yesterday, The apprentice had to step up.
He was quite a bit outside his comfort zone, but did a fine job, nonetheless:D

P1020577.JPG P1020588.JPG P1020592.JPG P1020603.JPG

Nice work apprentice!

Me and Nick have been killing it today. Maple removal in the am, then this monster after lunch. Playing in the mud with the Gehl. Pin oak is a heavy bastard!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363127942.379346.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363127962.739764.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363127980.009061.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363127999.328145.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363128016.316115.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363128051.595558.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363128066.087734.jpg

The pin oak was just that big trunk and some rakings, Nick and his crew had already brushed that one out and taken out its twin.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363128033.346828.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363128033.346828.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 62
The yard was already nothing but dirt and mud. Nick said something about the guy wanting to have sod laid down.
Think we're smoothing it all out with his mini and a bucket tomorrow

The deal with tree work is you can work your butt off on the the hardest tree ever and do an awesome job but people mostly look at the clean up. I can hear the neighbors now and looking at the name on the truck. I know you are hearing the same thing from others but even if the HO didnt care about the yard I could never do that.

One thing I've noticed is neighbor's don't chat like they used to. Block parties are less common, and chit chat is often brief or to the point. Not a rigid rule, but a trend overall. I get skittish about yard damage because the customer sometimes says "I don't care, it'll grow back, do whatever", but I don't get the opportunity to explain that to the neighbors, and there's a decent chance, the HO wont explain the circumstances of the work to their neighbors. So I tend to view it as, the neighbors see what they see, and that might be their lasting impression of O'Hara Tree Service. I don't let it dictate my work entirely, but it weighs on my mind. I ripped a yard to hell and back last fall. Customer insisted we not wait for dry ground to back down a hill into his back yard. Long story short, I had dollars on my brain and went ahead with the work. BURIED the truck and chipper. 4WD in low range with mean tires couldn't get the chipper out. Truck slid sideways at one point and ended up 2" from the house. Hooked another truck with mean tires to my truck higher up on level ground. Destroyed that area too. Unhooked my truck to get free of the chipper and get it away from the house. barely missed tearing the corner of the house. Made a plywood highway to the chipper, backed a pickup down to it and got the chipper out. The place was ruined. Customer smiled and patted my back and handed me the check. He insisted not to repair it, because he was eager to have something to occupy him as he was retired. I still pucker at what the neighbors must have thought.

Back