The Official Work Pictures Thread

Go right ahead. The spindles and hubs are Rigid brand, Dexter is also a good source. 33” of 2x2” 1/4” wall tube, maybe 15-20’ of 1.5x1.5x3/16” tube, some 1/4” plate less than a foot square, tires and rims are from Fleet Farm.

How much in alminus foam filling
Walnut 28’7” 24” ish on the butt
View attachment 120384View attachment 120385
new rubber! Foam filling is fugging expensive.
I looked at Farm Fleet and Tractor Supply. I didn't find good high-load tires. Would you please see what kind you got?

The tires are fairly low only 1300lbs each. But with the foam filling you increase load capacity a little and never have to worry about a flat. The tires, rims, hubs, and foam I have $100 in the rubber, $100 in the rims, $300 in the hubs and spindles, $475 in the foam filling. The steel is the cheap part.

The tires are fairly low only 1300lbs each. But with the foam filling you increase load capacity a little and never have to worry about a flat. The tires, rims, hubs, and foam I have $100 in the rubber, $100 in the rims, $300 in the hubs and spindles, $475 in the foam filling. The steel is the cheap part.
Thanks!

I did find some tires around 1300 and 1500, in the end. I was looking for heavier.

20220427_160507.jpg Re-top the maples on the right and bring the third and the Ash down to that height. My helper decided he didn't want to work after all so I had to bury myself and spend the afternoon sorting it out and hauling to the dump. It was a blessing as almost 3 hours off the ground was enough. Go back next weekend (warrior) hopefully with a ropeman because the Ash might be too much to cut and chuck.
I made a little video.

I've slit mine up for drain holes after the fact, it never comes out of the weather. Rather than drilling I'll just run a cutting wheel in just a bit so give it a spot to drain. Wayyyyyyy faster and easier than a drill, and it seems less inviting to insects since it's really thin.

Started a multi-day, multi-tree take down job, as I had 2 brush monkeys today. Two 70+ ft. maples, one over house, bushes, walk and well. The second was out in the yard, but one limb threatened house and one top would have landed in the street. Lots of rigging on those 2, and was able to bomb the rest on the 2nd tree. Will be heading back tomorrow to pick up logs, then will be back next week for white pine, another big maple overhanging pool in back and some others threatening the back fence. 3.5 to 4 days work, and he's paying by the day, plus disposal for all wood.

Pics from me in first maple of future pine (we took off some dead stuff on bottom today):
fras_1.jpg

fras_2.jpg

From up in the 1st maple, shots of the second maple we mostly bombed:
fras_3.jpg fras_4.jpg

Brush Monkey pics:
fras_1_1.jpg

fras_1_3.jpg

The lower right limb was hung up in the tree behind it, so didn't risk bombing it and having the butt swing through the picture window, and the highest top was actually hanging 15 ft over into the road, and was leaning that way, so rigged those 2 down. Bombed the rest:
fras_2_1.jpg

The pine has the HO's power line running up the left side, and they've had it knocked out ~6 times already from broken limbs hitting it. Will be topping and flopping next week when I have the manpower:
fras_3_1.jpg

You done gone crane crazy!

Me too, this week.

Used the 55 with the Ace operator to do 4 jobs over 3 days, half climbing, half bucket. One of the trees today was a pretty huge pin oak, 3'x85', it went especially fast and smooth. The grade 8 round sling hooks are working out extremely well, I bet they saved 1/2 hour on this oak compared to using a clevis, aka sorew pin anchor shackle

I actually got to use that stupid BMG style grapple for my loader today. Back yard pine tree removal, about 28" diameter. By the end of the job I was quite frustrated and tired of fighting it trying to load the trailer. I know everybody in the world loves them and I am the sole exception, but in my opinion it is a complete PITA. A power rotation would be better, but those are about $8K.

Also a pic of some deer on the golf course from earlier in the week.

20220513_104408.jpg 20220513_104244.jpg 20220509_155730.jpg

Works great for some things. Wish I had one some days. I think I can make my root grapple easier to heel boom with by adding a toothed piece of iron. Dragging can be done with both. Tighter gates, maybe the bmg is better. Feeding a chipper probably better too. But I make the grapple I have work. Or is that grapnel.

Back