The Official Work Pictures Thread

Brutal work Fi and Andrei!

Ive been having flashbacks to the Browntail moth nest clipping we were doing a few years ago. Trying to figure the math on force needed to hold a 16 foot pole with a clip head horizontal from the butt end. Just agony at the end of The day!

Out of my capability on the math, but it's crazy how fatiguing using reaching tools is!

If any engineer type wants to help with that problem I'm all ears.

Ive been having flashbacks to the Browntail moth nest clipping we were doing a few years ago. Trying to figure the math on force needed to hold a 16 foot pole with a clip head horizontal from the butt end. Just agony at the end of The day!

Out of my capability on the math, but it's crazy how fatiguing using reaching tools is!

There was a guy here once, he went to Arbtalk. Don't know if he's still there but a lot liked it. Home - https://www.easyliftharness.com/

He had a few videos.

Edit. Only thread I could find here.

Last edited:

A counterbalance behind you can help, but the extra pole will often be cumbersome.

Can you get any support from an overhead rope for the tool?

Used my bought-used log arch for the first time. Been 2-3 years of having it.
The previous owners had a larger one for sale. I should contact them.

A cedar log for a friend's fence boards, and two madronas logs to be slabbed... dropped at neighbors mill.
$0.45 board-foot for milling service. 20220322_092530.jpg 20220322_154731.jpg 20220322_154748.jpg

Had 2 hours at the end of the day.

Worked from the ground rather than climbing. The springboard allowed me to dump the first, shorter tree against the lean, short of the landscaping plants.

The second tree was taller, also pulled against the lean.

Backed right up to load up.

One or two grapple grabs to empty the trailer this morning.

One driver, me, and this job is in town, and a very small job, so i hauled rather than chipped.

The facecuts all held the tops. I cut the larger top back all the way until it was hanging the short remainder of the trunk wood from the hinge.

One more slightly larger hemlock to go today.

The shape of the powerhead and the orange on it and near the bar make me think slightly older Stihl, most likely.

Back