The Official Work Pictures Thread

they seem hard to untie after much load applied.

I use em for walkie talkie lanyards, phone lanyard, etc

Yes.

eg when i'm hiking with cell phone listening to audio book sans headphones, I girth hitch the phone, add a half hitch for additional friction, then wear it around my neck so its easy to hear.

walkie talkie bodies are double girth hitched to a mini biner and then clipped to belt loop

Not there but once in awhile if I'm lazy I might girth hitch a pulley block to a tree and then yeah, hard to untie after a big pull.

This is another page that is giving me wonky formatting. Anybody have trouble with formatting of the page and the codes etc besides me?

Yup. It's borked for me.

edit:
I'd look into the stylesheet, and make sure the javascript is fully loading, but I don't know much of anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, Murphs’ thing about the beefy hinge... I say that if you don’t barber chair nuthin nor split any wood yer trying to save out then yer good. I’m just all about getting a tree in the shot with as little ado as possible, so... usually something you can just tap over on my little plastic toys.

19 second video is of a Hemlock that we hung off an Alder (stagged off to two Cedars) in order to swing er over a watercourse toward the side we had to drag the brush on. The wood could stay on the hill. Loaded up a Sampson 3/4 stable braid pretty decent.

That was today. The pics are from yesterday when my friend Sam brushed out and topped this ENTIRE Cedar with his electric 540. We were all really proud of him even if electric saws are still clearly a bit inferior. I chunked er down with the gas driven five hundo. Sam in the silver hat.

EBB0AB64-4FFB-4A10-9139-6453C63CA5B1.jpeg
View attachment IMG_2388.MP4

Been pruning these two at a ranch for the last 2.5 days. Slight crown raise on the larger. Originally, I tried to get them to have the smaller of the two removed since it was touching and leaning hard to the house. But, no convincing them. They will be pulling back the lawn from them both and cut some of the water. Blues die from excessive watering. Tons of dead wood. Reduced and crown raised the one over the house. I have two more to do on the property.
Before Fodder IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0494.JPG IMG_0498.JPG

Back