The Official Work Pictures Thread

No, the driveway wouldn’t support it, and our 75’ bucket was just a HAIR shy of a tolerable rigging point. Weird too cause I got pretty good bucket intuition... I figured I had it all day long. Bitterest feeling when you realize you wasted all that time and still have to monkey it out.
Man, thank God for the multiple tie-in points that Kevin’s Runner affords... that Maple was a little dodgy. What did we do before SRT?... We were all just a lot scareder.

Weird too cause I got pretty good bucket intuition... I figured I had it all day long. Bitterest feeling when you realize you wasted all that time and still have to monkey it out...

... What did we do before SRT?... We were all just a lot scareder.

Hella post. Glad it worked out well for you.:drink:

Solid stuff, Jed!

Speed line city.

APTA for a 100' Wraptor access into a fir being removed for my friend, who said he felt the roots heaving in the wind. It sticks well above everything nearby.

Surprised we got it topped, and a couple chunks off, and chipped and moved out in a 9 hour day.
Filled the truck.

Things really clicked on the ground.

I started on a 16-strand 120' speed line, but it ran short, fast, so added a rope, but the knot was in just the wrong place, running pieces almost to the BMG, so switched to longer 3- stand, which with a higher line angle, it worked sufficiently.

I came down once, to chip, and Wraptored back up, then she ran both batches of limbs from speedlining runs through the chipper, while I slung the next round! As I got to the top, I could cut and chuck a little. And throw a small top. Couple chunks, down to chip.
Breezy.

Got a stick to wraptor up and chunk down.
Forgot how much Wraptors rock... hadn't used mine in quite a while.

I figured out a way to use it more easily solo.

There is a 9 year old free climber in the last pic.

20210409_171701.jpg

View attachment 20210409_172637.mp4

20210410_150413.jpg

Any good treeman worth his salt can make big bucks and have fun doing it at the same time.

I'm going to try this for a new mantra.

After 44 years I'm likely a decent treeman. I occasionally make big bucks and occasionally have fun at it though employees make my work both possible and oft times fairly miserable.

Gerry's sentiment says a lot in a concise way. It's a bit inspirational

Wow that is a beast for sure.

Do you do excavation etc in addition to trees or just trees? Hella shop too!

That is some awesome equipment. Nothing like a bit of brute force power to make your jobs embarrassingly easy!

Good luck with it and lets's see some pics of you bullying trees!

Any good treeman worth his salt can make big bucks and have fun doing it at the same time.
I’ve always enjoyed tree work. Felt like I was born for it. (To borrow August’ line...”Made for this!”) Most days I thoroughly enjoy it. I’ve found nothing I enjoy more. Framing would run a close second.

Though I must add, Mick has about convinced me to start a local anti-gun chapter to fight gun ownership....

Last edited:
I’ve always enjoyed tree work. Felt like I was born for it. (To borrow August’ line...”Made for this!”) Most days I thoroughly enjoy it. I’ve found nothing I enjoy more. Framing would run a close second.

Kind of the only reason of late I still even go to work. Something I love to do. Been close a few times in the last couple years to just go find a retail job in a saw shop TBH. The customers and hired help can wear ya down.

So Bigtwig what do you use a hugely track hoe for tree work ??

@PCTREE

We will use the hoe on forestry projects, thinning, and fire cleanup. I’m planning to put a mulching head on it..similar to the Takeuchi in the background.

The Komatsu is much better suited for deep snow, and/or steep grade which we are currently working in both conditions. Right now it is on a project with an ASV120F + Fecon head and I’m very happy with the combo.

9 years ago on the 10th April we were sent to take down a declining oak at a Catholic School in London. The tree had dropped a couple of limbs and an Arb report had recommended its removal as it was right outside the main entrance. They had another in a courtyard which had dropped a huge limb just after the kids had gone in after lunchtime break. Think that spooked them and prompted the removal of this.

One of the teachers had set up a time lapse to film the removal and make a presentation with the kids. They had also been collecting the Acorns from this tree and tried to grow them to plant on the school grounds. Shame to see it go, but a fun job.
We were working there 6’monthslater and the teacher recognised us and came out with a CD with the film on it. We had been unaware they had filmed it so was a bit of a surprise. I edited a few bits out and stuck the tune on it.

I was not long back after a serious injury to my leg, so my mate did the crown and I did the heavy saw work with the 880 or 084 or whatever it was.

That last pic is of a mate. He is 6’5” stood by the butt.

AC1CF1CB-8067-4465-AB3B-8905828A6C49.jpeg FD7D97A4-C147-4011-878D-C7068796C2D9.jpeg 1BE89E13-C0A1-4573-97E1-C8717687D9AF.jpeg CFD4C92D-8AC3-4192-B1CC-34674446D91E.jpeg FB8FED71-4A8E-467A-B9F8-F000DF384E9E.jpeg

Back