The Official Work Pictures Thread

Man I love that CH565. I admittedly don’t have much experience with other big chippers but everyone that has run other big chippers agrees “Brutus” is a beast. When I consider the thousands of cubic yards of shit it has chipped I can’t believe how little problems I have had. We are by far not nice to that chipper! We set 4K picks straight on the infeed with the crane and tip it in there. Thinking about it we really need rear stabilizers to save the axles.... we push shit with the wheel loader with maximum force if it’s not going through. Next week we are thinking about shooting at him with a 50 cal see how tough he really is:lol:

love the chipper

Did you know environmentally it’s better to burn it with a hot clean Burn than chip it

I understand you did it because of fire mitigation

USFS did a study on it trying to figure out what was best to do with West Coad pine die off

Man I love that CH565.

That post was hilarious and insane at once. 4k picks right on the infeed and in?!?! No rear stabilizers?!?!?! Definetly a BEAST and a half. As I recall, it only needed an axle when you first got it?

50 cal ammo aint cheap, if I were you I would save your money, 50 cal aint gone do shat to that thing. It would take a TOW missile to get it's attention :lol::O:thumbup:8)

E5344860-62FD-4EDD-A74C-A5B756674970.jpeg E9E6007E-0BA6-4B9C-B17D-A675858DC5E5.jpeg 2E9F253E-0A3F-4B8E-B957-D84227CB5B84.jpeg FBBD7989-A8EC-4F30-80FA-D7CF2E36E0A6.jpeg
Fun little storm job I did yesterday. Uprooting cherry into a codom silver maple. The maple had about a three inch wide split at the base that closed up once I got the cherry down. Ended up removing it as well. Both put on the ground with no clean up.
Doing more storm clean up today. Was gonna go out and visit a friend for her 50th birthday but think I’ll be staying home instead. I’m feeling pretty whooped and it’s only lunchtime

Built a dump body for my ‘68 GMC. I set the hinge pins at the very back of the body and used a cylinder from a larger truck so it dumped at a steep angle.

Found a beautiful day for this dead Grand fir.

All the pitch blisters popped and dried up or vice versa.

What a blessing!!!!!

Climbed for four hours, with a coffee break in the middle to swap 2511t and 200t after a tank apiece (using the last of the 200t gas to cut my way out of the base filled with branches) and pole spurs, for tree spurs and an ms461.

2511t almost made it to the topping cut before running out, at which point I moved to the chainsaw behind door #2😀.

Left a 60' snag.

Packed at dusk. IMG_20201121_123840972.jpg IMG_20201121_125109914.jpg IMG_20201121_143152981.jpg IMG_20201121_143159685.jpg IMG_20201121_155506514.jpg IMG_20201121_160232751.jpg IMG_20201121_165128254.jpg

Did you do all that yourself, Fi??
Two girls, one chipper, two hrs, done.
They will still burn the little stuff, and then cut the trunks and branches for firewood. Permit season is approaching...they weren't keen to burn all of it.

Alex and I had a leaner yesterday, Rich....glad I didn't have to get into the leaner. I did climb up the support tree that caught the pine when it broke. I set a belay line up high and secured the top..dropped down about 20 feet to (hopefully) find wood still strong enough to hold the top and not break out...there was a white scale/fungus on the bark that did not bode will. The stump where the tree broke about 8 feet above ground was still supporting the base and the top was lodged in the gin pole tree...it was about a 45-degree angle to the trunk was under a good bit of stress. Thankfully it held up to our ropes and pulls. Alex set up a snatch block come along to lift the trunk off the stump at the break (we set a high block from the ground to pull the tree up off the stump. I still had to use the pole saw to free the base so the base belay could hold the trunk. Once we had the trunk suspended, we cut 6-foot pieces off the base as we stood the tree up...then we were able to lower the top as we sliced and diced as it came down. 3 hours, 2 men, $1200...got to leave the tree on site (moved it down into the owner's woods).

Our original plan was to just put ropes into the tree to make it safe until we could come back on Monday to do the job. Setting the ropes went so well we decided to try to go ahead and get it down while on-site....only had a few glitches (e.g., our progress capture prussics got bollocksed up at one point and we had to reset and unscramble them) so we were glad to get it down and get gone.

Attachments

• Sam Haskell leaner  (3) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (3) resized.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (5) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (5) resized.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (7) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (7) resized.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (8) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (8) resized.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (10) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (10) resized.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (14) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (14) resized.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 9
and last ones....

Attachments

• Sam Haskell leaner  (17) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (17) resized.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (18) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (18) resized.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (19) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (19) resized.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (20) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (20) resized.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (21) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (21) resized.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 5
  • Sam Haskell leaner  (23) resized.jpg
    Sam Haskell leaner (23) resized.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 5
Nice. It's great when you have a decent tree to hang them out of...

I always like those hung-up, leaner jobs; lots of thought goes into them. It is satisfying to be able to "slice and dice" as you said, while lowering out of another tree.
I have an uprooting white pine right out back lodged in another. It is across the line on City park property, but they have zero budget for tree work. I might well just disappear it for them. I've done that before on two other trees with late-stage BLS.
There is also a dying cherry back there I am looking forward to working down by hanging a sky hook between the oaks on either side of it.

Keeping rather busy in retirement doing tricky treework for free!

Back