The Official Work Pictures Thread

Effin' fine, Mick. You have hit the bigtime with that machine. It will keep you working many a year longer than without, I'd bet

Yep, wolfie is what you get with open grown DF. Huge limbs/knots.

Before and after. Took out dead, crossing, and branches against the house. I know nobody here does "little" stuff, but just in case. . .

IMG_7212.JPG

IMG_7324.JPG

Weird client this week, he called me on Tuesday and said he had been told a competitor had told him he had a tree that had to come down immediately. Went to look and gave him a price and said I could pull off of a trim job and do it that afternoon. He said he wanted to shop prices.... When I looked at it there was a 4-5" gap between the stump and the ground as the tree had moved... When we came back on thursday to do it I noticed he had filled the gap with mulch so it didn't look so bad???

IMG_0907.jpg

This was a pretty big hickory going right for the neighbors house

IMG_0908.jpg

Lots of brush but luckily Brutus was hungry
IMG_0905.jpg

Robbie sleeping on the freakin job

IMG_0911.jpg

It was a really tight setup but I figured we could get it done, Charged $3750, next lowest was $6k and apparently most were $12k range:whine: I suck at bidding. Done in 5 hours

5 hours? Dude, you are a beast!

bstewert, looks great. Any tree guy in Florida would have simply cut off every small branch and leaf up to 6-8' and called it good. I've met maybe 3 decent trim guys here in 30 years.

I'm not sure if you caught up on everything Brian. But Paul rocks his own crane now. That's 'the beast'. Still five hours is quick!

Not really, just an old fat guy sitting in a crane with the right equipment in place to make it efficient. The biggest problem with my system is I need employees, TreeMek looks interesting...

FWIW we did that with 3 of us, me crane op, Robbie climber and a new guy on the ground running chipper.

Most times any more than 3 guys on a job means somebody is wasting space. Awesome setup, Paul.

Local guy here used to rock his own tree business. Sold it then bought a crane and began doing crane work for other tree co's. Brought in his former climber and they would sub out for a $400 minimum on the crane and $200 minimum on the climber, then knock out 3-4 jobs per day. Think he's at $500 minimum on the crane now, and he has two.

I love a japanese maple prune, Bob. Some of my favorites.

I had a similar structured one...put in a central hub ring and 6 light duty cables. They are beautiful trees, prone to snow/ice and wind- load break outs. Something to consider. All Home Depot in-stock materials, pretty cheap.

Just had to put some damage-control hardware in another split Japanese maple.

I don't care for these types of jobs but it pays well. City of Orlando code enforcement work (subcontracted from a big landscape outfit). Blown down trees on vacant lots down in Da Hood. I cut them up and sort of stacked/piled them up for the grapple truck company to pick up on Monday. Took a bit over 2 hours and only had 7 people stop and ask us for money. Had to evict one guy before I could start cutting this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 32
Hey Bob, I do little stuff too, check back a few posts for my 'dehacking job...
I find fine pruning very satisfying as well as restoration pruning :)

Bob, love doing the little work. Love Japanese Maples as well. Nice work on that one. It looks great!

Brian, I can see where rolling the smaller truck on jobs like that are better bank. Sure would love a grapple truck following me somedays :lol:

Did small work all day today. A coipl of Bradford pear reductions, a cherry limb lift, some more clean out trims with some abomination nursery made up bullshit tree ( seriously can't identify but it had 8 feet of new growth in two years) , and finished with a clump river birch that the power co jacked up pretty bad. A good day but I didn't take any pics.

Did small work all day today. A coipl of Bradford pear reductions, a cherry limb lift, some more clean out trims with some abomination nursery made up bullshit tree ( seriously can't identify but it had 8 feet of new growth in two years) , and finished with a clump river birch that the power co jacked up pretty bad. A good day but I didn't take any pics.
Well then I'd say you're in the wrong thread! :P

Just teasing about the small stuff. . .I think most everyone here does them. But it seems most of the posts are for big removals, which btw, I have utmost respect for. I get tired sometimes just looking at the pictures!

Another maple nearly finished (guessing it's around 100 years old). It's a little bigger!

IMG_7231.JPG

I'd say you did good.
It looks like something out of a Japanese painting.

Back