The Official Work Pictures Thread

ebeb64e1f4ffafc0ad022e0873e92b34.jpg

cc8a46b048a73aa3d8683e1156f22001.jpg

faeddbefa357fd4f0ba874e2dfe60e1f.jpg

Rich

Nice job Rich... Those things are heavy and sticky.. I have a love hate relationship with cypress. I kind of like working them, but no like the sticky mess and hell on my allergies.

Yeah Butch. 4 danged fences.

Yeah they are bloody heavy. I was borderline on pulling the tree apart by hand, cut, hold and chuck. There was a fair bit of growth over the neighbors gardens and we had the manpower to decided to rig it. Got done quicker and smoother with that method.

My shoulder would have been feeling it tomorrow though if I had pulled it apart by hand.

All done and home for tea and biccies at a reasonable hour in the arvo.

I have seen you mention them before Butch.

Have you ever managed to get hold of one over there?

They are well tasty but not too good if you have high cholesterol ;)

Yea, I don't imagine they are too healthy...

I've never seen one over here. They seem easy enough to prepare!

They're a nice treat in a packed lunch.

Haven't had one since I came over here.

I'm a hankering for one now though. (Americanism for you!)

Can't imagine why you'd say that. A big hunk of fried sausage with an egg inside sounds tasty to me! It's just missing some cheese, but that can be fixed.

Rich: You call that a Med. sized Leyland.... yeah, compared to yerself, maybe... that thing was a stinkin PIG. Good call on the shoulder-save method. Mine would have thanked me to have rigged out a right-many more than I have. :|:

Gary: Forgot to say, "good-job." Shoot up smore pics of the stump and log and stuff.

Sam: I think you're the rigging-pull-King around here. Mad skills.

Yeah Butch. 4 danged fences.

Yeah they are bloody heavy. I was borderline on pulling the tree apart by hand, cut, hold and chuck. There was a fair bit of growth over the neighbors gardens and we had the manpower to decided to rig it. Got done quicker and smoother with that method.

My shoulder would have been feeling it tomorrow though if I had pulled it apart by hand.

All done and home for tea and biccies at a reasonable hour in the arvo.

Yeah, that triple leader split on I did, it was mostly cut and chuck. Until I could make an opening for the rigging. PITA tree. My shoulders after 3 days of it were friggen DONE~!

Jomo!!! That was a cool vid, Mang... you know how to sharpen a stinkin saw, brother. Big ol crazy pics on that Euk. I've done that too where you face it up, thinking it's gonna come off one way, and then the crane gets up on it, and it pops off another way. Cool vid. One somehow feels that folks were just tougher then than the current, "Ya know... I just wouldn't really feel 'comfortable,'" croud of youngsters that we deal with today. I never say it, but I'm always thinking, "Comfortable? Bet you don't, and I'm GLAD you don't... One would need to ram a big ol load of heroine to ever feel quite "comfortable." Man, I'm ramblin. :drink:

Thanks Jed.

My job today was kinda boring thin n shape Koelreutaria golden rain tree.

So I pruned in my socks n shorts, with just a handsaw n 7 foot pole pruner.

I'm so prone to doin stupid stuff at home! Next door neighbor's little 4 year old daughter was yellin at me!

Get outta that tree n leave it alone! So I did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 60
Cool stuff guys.
I got to pretend I was out west slaying big tall pines. Did a few white pines today that were in the 120' area. Self rigged a zip line on one of them. IMG_1519.jpg

Took this pic of the 80' spar while hanging just above the ground. It was kinda awkward trying to get my HH in the pic
IMG_1520.jpg
Sorry there are no pics from this mornings fiasco when I rigged big to stay in the bucket and got a 40' maple top hung up in a bad way. Spent over an hour messing with that damn thing

Hoorah, Rich...the tree that goes to the moon. Cool picture. And cool to see all the mess you made from up there. All good except that white stuff. You guys that work in the snow are frikkin' BEASTS.

Nice, guys, nice.

Rich, what method did you use to self-rig a Zipline? I do it time to time, and thought about it today, but didn't need to.

This tree's chips, along with those from the other oak...

IMG_20170215_135739515.jpg

Need to go all the way over there, to may accountant's house, who had had big surface roots causing her problems in one are, and generally needing mulch, all around.

IMG_20170216_143528169_HDR.jpg

"Chip Lasagna-Parbuckle-type way of unloading"
(Build up a sloping pile of chips in the bed, then layer tarps that lay at about 40 degrees on the natural angle of repose-slope. When you grab the top tarp corners, it rolls the chips out sorta like a parbuckle loads logs. Trick is to layer enough tarps.)
Definitely not as good as a dump, but better than plain old unloading. Took me an hour +/-.
I noticed a local outfit has one of these for sale http://www.dumperdogg.com/featuresSteel.html
Something to consider. Easy to move to another application, rather than be committed to this truck. I'd get a locking box built onto it, for sure.

IMG_20170216_133052748.jpg
IMG_20170216_145023411.jpg
IMG_20170216_145608582_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170216_154304502.jpg

Dahlia chronically doesn't want to wear a jacket, but then we had to go in the refrigerated/ frozen aisle at the Food Co-op. Needed to stay warm.
IMG_20170216_174734998.jpg

Finished stripping and chipping a second oak, packing the box. My old, carburated chip truck didn't want to start in the 20-something temperature at the beginning of the week, so I took my F450. Funny, this is the least I've used the loader on a job. Since I'm working solo this week, a handful of hours at a time, while Dahlia is in school, I thought for sure I want the loader. Haven't really used it. More use out of the Arbor Trolley, that I didn't take initially. I found out the loader is a bit longer than I though. The tailgate didn't fit by inches, but the loader loaded up just fine. Nice to be able to back it up the ramps. The real chip truck is too short.

I couldn't watch the 30 y.o. son-in-law (welding engineer) continue to try to put oak rounds in his truck by lifting things that were out of his league, so I suggested he drive a mile down the road, buy a 2x8" for $4, and roll the rounds up into the truck on a ramp.

It was funny how I suggested he move the truck more while loading the small stuff, and he said he needed the exercise. I said I get too much exercise being as lazy as I can about work. I guess after lifting about 8 rounds of the main trunk, he didn't need as much exercise, especially as he was getting into the biggest wood, 30" on the stump. :lol: I asked him if it was the best $4 he'd spent lately.

Tail in the porty?
Sean I just set my zip with a running bowline on my target area and used my figure 8 to hold tension up in the tree. I'd set it high enough to go through a round of ten slings and repeat. After 20 slings I had one of the guys walk over from another area and gather them and send them back up.

Back