The Official Work Pictures Thread

Really good work, Sean.

Rich: Now you know how easy we got it out here... I got to do this 125' (Scott's and Stephen's "fun-size.") Fir today. (Measured off of the climbline for my sceptical friend, Reg.) Man, that was one of the most straight and clear-grained Fir we'd ever SEEN. We split (ton of money on the job) the guy near a cord for the pure fun of the thing. I hauled the rest home with me. Forgot pictures of the wood. That's Jake buckin, and Jake's foot on the stump... just in case Screen Actor's Guild gets involved.

Oh, Jake blew a tire on the flatbed that hauls our Swinger tractor on the way to the next job. I could hear the explosion from at least a quarter-mile away, and the blast alone tweaked out the steel fender at a 90 degree angle. Forgot pics again. :|::|:

Crazy-beautiful day... The frogs are already gettin after it.

Attachments

• unnamed-1213.jpg
    unnamed-1213.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed-1212.jpg
    unnamed-1212.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 51
  • unnamed-1211.jpg
    unnamed-1211.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed-1210.jpg
    unnamed-1210.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 53
  • unnamed-1209.jpg
    unnamed-1209.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 52
I love the smell of Fir.

Here's my Employee and I grinding about 12 feet by 4 feet by 2 feet deep of bay laurel stumps and root mat so that they could fix the fence properly and plant some plants and sruff....You can see the rest of the bays to the left. Bays are seriously prolific.

About 5 hours...

d2d5db22058fcf009509d72671f4de97.jpg

e7ba8870ea236a40b69d3813794dda43.jpg

Screenshot_20170212-073629.png Screenshot_20170211-174111.png Screenshot_20170217-181451.png
4 year old memories that popped up on Facebook the other day.

20170216_054508.jpg 20170216_054524.jpg 20170216_182002.jpg
Plumeria I brought home from Hawaii as a stick last year bloomed and is starting to branch now.

20170216_133203.jpg
New foreman getting out there to set rigging yesterday.
20170217_120632.jpg
Flying stump grinder today.
Buncha randomness

Cool stuff Jed, Deva and Willie...
I guess I get to live vicariously through you guys for the net few torrential rain days.
Like I said Jed... Prefect size. :) Nice views, great hinge :)
Deva, that had to be a wet mess. That grinder is serving you well though ....

Willie I remember when you posted that pig. Crazy big weed. I love the floating grinder. I finally got to float the Dingo last year. It still gives me the giggles thinking about it. I was more a worried mess while it went on though :lol:

When self zipping, it's a fine time to natural crotch some down the line, sans sling and biner.

Went to Dahlia's morning circle at school, interviewed and hired a good, eager guy. Rock climber, vet.

Talked with the neighbor with an Alaskan mill, so I made a mill log between the concrete driveways, rather than firewood, when taking down the wood. Bid a good felling job. IMG_20170217_143734235.jpg

Oak is uncommon here.

Cool stuff Jed, Deva and Willie...
I guess I get to live vicariously through you guys for the net few torrential rain days.
Like I said Jed... Prefect size. :) Nice views, great hinge :)
Deva, that had to be a wet mess. That grinder is serving you well though ....

Willie I remember when you posted that pig. Crazy big weed. I love the floating grinder. I finally got to float the Dingo last year. It still gives me the giggles thinking about it. I was more a worried mess while it went on though :lol:

When I first got the Gehl I used it to load the Boxer, had a picture somewhere

Love that Knuckleboom!

Yeah, that little stumping bunny gets beat.

My new groundie fella sent me this from the other day in Napa. Small-Medium sized redwood, limb and chunk, don't hit the fence or house.

ec59532d5beb2ba0483505f88952840d.jpg

16f246334bcd82963bbabf0c26137eff.jpg

Hah!

I wear gaffs to walk up n down while cutting up big fat horizontal pig logs on the ground almost religiously!

Once spurred thrice shy eh Butch!

Musta been downright traumatizin!

Jomo

My preference is to slice and dice on the ground, whenever possible. Usually, by that time, I'm ready to get off the spurs!

Landscaping, hardscape, irrigation, lighting, art. Literally handing chunks to ground crew. I've ripped 3-4 foot diameter rounds in the tree into pieces that could be thrown into the truck or roped into much smaller nearby trees etc

Yes. Love handing down a round as low as possible to the guy reaching up as high as possible.

This redwood sat up on a mound 2 or 3 feet higher than grade. I felt t h e log would have rolled left or right, either house or fence.

There is only two of us.

That was the 6th tree of the job...I got to dump the first 5.

A good friend had an oak leaning towards his office. He has decided to quit worrying about it by having me take it down. No before picts...he ran the ropes, natural crotch, wrap on a dogwood tree. He did well...architect, Scoutmaster, good common sense guy. Had to leave the top and trunk for next time...his brother in law's BMW is only half way in garage...no key to move it (reminds me of Andrey's predicaments). Perfect crane or bucket tree...no good TIP for the top.

Back