The Official Work Pictures Thread

Looks like one of those my high tension steel cable snapped prunes Ben!

There's a surcharge for those sir!

Jomo

Glad to see you back in the woods Stig. That prune job looks great from my front porch Ben.
Got to play on the bay yesterday and my partner snapped a couple of pics. We walked out on the customer's dock before we left and there were way too many redfish swimming around it. They definitely need to be thinned out. "I'll be back". Why that last pic is there and sideways I have no idea:|:
image6-3.jpg
image3-5.jpg
image1.jpg

Attachments

• image3-7.jpg
    image3-7.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 59
Naw, lightning beat me too it. You may not be able to see it, but it had about a 6 inch wide racing stripe running north and south. You can see it on the backside of the stump.

Beauty Ray!

Thats one heck of a feral pig you took down, you use a pistol or rifle to slay that beast :shoot: lol

nice hinge ;)

Great photos all around, nice work everyone.

I haven't been much for photos lately but I thought this job warranted a few. An aborted homeowner removal, a crispy and crumbly dead Willow covered in ice, my brother did the climbing and I carried the wood.:)

20170203_103058.jpg 20170203_095838.jpg 20170203_095847.jpg

After a certain point, the firewood size pieces started splitting when they hit the ground like so-

20170203_115049.jpg

Yeah, this guy was a trip. He was a psychotherapist so I figured he rationalizes all kinds of things in his head:D like letting that thing stand for so long, and then trying to whack it down on his own, right next to the primary.:|: give him points for trying, I guess, but seemed a bit out of touch with reality.

Nice fancy house, he told me him and his wife were existential therapists.:lol:

Not a good one for the homeowner approach. It took some doin just to un-lash his ladder, he wanted to keep the rope:D all in all twas a great day! Cold one though.

Good shots, Ray.

Levi: That looked pretty hairy. Bit of a rough gig?

Stig: Really cool shot and great to hear your doing a ton better. Ohhh... and never say never... Your determination in all manner of trials is a thing of beauty.

Rich: Why did Willie say that? Had you been out of the spurs fer a bit? They'll never let you have long, you know.

Thanks Jomo and Ray. Kids are just so dear to your heart, ya know... I feel like August, Peter, Rich (both Riches!) and Willie... ya just wanna show em off some times... it's weird.

Oh... Ben... What was that? That's one of those, "keep it to the height of the rain-gutter," jobs.

Existential psychotherapy - a philosophical method of therapy that operates on the belief that inner conflict within a person is due to that individual's confrontation with the givens of existence.
HUH?

Oookaaaayyy then...

So that's why he took so long to call you Levi, he was conflicted with the confrontation of the existence of the rotten tree...but having spent time putting that ladder and rope in it couldn't quite reconcile his actions with the reality of what was before his eyes, within his mind was the possibility of an additional outcome based on non acceptance of actual reality...
(I think I have too much time on my hands at the moment)

Nice pictures everyone!

The clean up on this bugger has been no fun. With out the larger loader, the Dingo just can't keep up with the debris drop. I mean there is just tons of stuff. You drop 4-5 limbs and it's like cleaning up after a tree drop. I had to help clear ground every 1/4 - 1/3 of the tree stripping. Thank Paul for the Wraptor!

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 51
IMG_20170213_135719060.jpg IMG_20170213_103207169.jpg

Couldn't start he chip truck this morning. Icy and an old carb, which I'll replace soon for about $500 plus labor, I think

I moved the chipper and loader to the F450, and basic climbing and rigging gear. Started this tree, solo at 1230. Climbed, limbed, almost all chipped, all bucked, picked up D at 530 from after school care.

Going to grow edible mushrooms on some wood. A waste... turning the rest into firewood.

My employee got called from the Union Hall. On the hunt again

Plop.....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E52E0SAPyZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_0083.jpg IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0090.jpg IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0092.jpg IMG_0093.jpg

Last picture is the 100 or so foot mark.. Still pretty stout.
I put Desmond net to the log for branch collar size reference.

Herein that age-old question, "why in the heck did you wait so long?"

"well it just died last week"

It was like a tree my friend had in his rental property saying it was fine last year but in reality it died five years prior, that I know of.

Back