The Official Work Pictures Thread

Bixlers job, him taking down 3 dead, good size sugar pines.....pics are of the third one.

Finished my job earlier so met up at his job and got to see Daniel murphy and chat awhile and lunch

GnqhKWVl.jpg

xbjkPdFl.jpg

Nz9tq0zl.jpg

oKkGC8ol.jpg

4a90JAdl.jpg

6nqhj4jl.jpg

image.jpg
Groundie grabbed a pic today. Nothing special, just getting a line set to remove a decent size limb overhanging a house. Felt a bit dumb as I missed five times with the APTA and hit the shot with the big shot in one try. Took longer to set my climb line than to do the work.

Wow! The real live Murph!!

Pretty cool shots. Does Bix always run his flipline super-far out like that? Looks like it could be a bit hard on the back. What the heck's Daniel doing way out here?

Crispy Pine by some old graves. Some markers were just rocks or had weathered to appear that way. One of the markers was for a dead horse. The farmer that hired for the removal knew the history, said that some sh@t had come down 5-600 years ago and people were killed and the remaining family members had to run for it, moved up the river and changed their name. Still, descendants put flowers and burn incense there at the end of each year. There was a nice property across the field. An old farming part pf the area. The farmer brought out tea and some snacks three times that day, not umusual hospitality in such places.

Attachments

• PAP_0049.JPG
    PAP_0049.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PAP_0054.JPG
    PAP_0054.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 64
  • PAP_0055.JPG
    PAP_0055.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 62
The first shot made me think of the biblical tree of life, that can only be traversed into from the equally important, tree of knowledge.

Best tree pic of the year IMO.

Did Jay take it himself?

Jomo

Bixlers job, him taking down 3 dead, good size sugar pines.....pics are of the third one.

Finished my job earlier so met up at his job and got to see Daniel murphy and chat awhile and lunch

GnqhKWVl.jpg

xbjkPdFl.jpg

Nz9tq0zl.jpg

oKkGC8ol.jpg

4a90JAdl.jpg

6nqhj4jl.jpg
Wow, did he let him climb?

Whoever that climber is?

He's going to ruin his back with that much slack in his lanyard!

Jomo

When you run a long bar in the tree you need room, I run close to that for space I'd say.

Thanks, I'll put one up from another angle. Heavy early morning fog yesterday. The graves are just on the far side of the red roofed structure, which believe it or not, contains two small alters where people can come to pray. I would have liked to have seen the tree before the bugs got to it.

Attachments

• PAP_0059.JPG
    PAP_0059.JPG
    599.9 KB · Views: 80
Jay, on the 3rd picture in your first post ( # 9134) is that a multi stemmed sugi or something like it in the left side of the picture.
Looks like an interesting tree.

Stig, I don't go up close to check it out, but definitely a Sugi. Certainly one pf the most abundantly planted garden trees during a lengthy era. Subject to nature and man's odd hand when growing, you see them in all forms. When people had the means and ambition to maintain their gardens, the Sugis would be removed when they became too large and another tree put in their place, now they commonly just get large, block the light, and often become ruinous to the overall balance of what were lovely locations. At the auction yard you can often see amazing huge ones. The pink dust when cutting them is pretty.:)

Wow! The real live Murph!!

Pretty cool shots. Does Bix always run his flipline super-far out like that? Looks like it could be a bit hard on the back. What the heck's Daniel doing way out here?

Murphy has some family out here in norcal, great guy to hang out with in person, he's got some good stories, I always try to meet up when he's in town, Bix gives me a call to meet up :thumbup:

No climbing, I guess they had him drag some brush to chipper, I wasnt there yet or I would have got a pic of that!!

I got to see the "Secret cut" vid on his cell phone, I still dont know whats he's doing..lol...its just too secret for me I guess.. haha

Back