The Official Work Pictures Thread

Chris, how long have you been in business?

If you can get away from the "Lawn" all together it will be better.

"tree service" is also a lesser choice, IMO.

Tree Care or Tree Preservation are good.

"Barefoot" may not fit tree work so well.

I do like that is is not a personal name. Its more sellable, and can sound like a bigger company, which some people (toooo many) equate to better.

Nothing exciting...A few before shots of some White Pines and crispy hard maples that came out on one job this week. One of the Maples lost its top onto the house and deck, creating a bit of arborphobia for the home owners. Any curing/after shots are on my other computer...this should be a challenge:|:

Attachments

• NOrthwoods 002.jpg
    NOrthwoods 002.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 63
  • NOrthwoods 003.jpg
    NOrthwoods 003.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 63
  • NOrthwoods 004.jpg
    NOrthwoods 004.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 63
Snapped one after I topped out a Pine...hoped it would come out better...
151116_002.jpg
Wanted to take out the dead one to the left but missed by a couple inches. :|:
151115_001.jpg
chunkin'...
151115_004.jpg
a little view of the pond out back
151116_001.jpg
just to piss Butch off...stubs left at 75' to rappel down from:P
151116_003.jpg

Here are a few from our job on the beach of Lk MI. Lake was all calm while we were marking out the trees to save...

Across Good Harbor Bay w/grumpy groundie, home owner, and tree co owner
NOrthwoods 012.jpg

Bad shot of the Manitou Islands
NOrthwoods 013.jpg

I believe this is of Sleeping Bear Dune
NOrthwoods 014.jpg

The beginnings of a burn pile...stretched back to the camera and got mulched down 3 times before we were done.
151117_001.jpg

House on right is where HO lives and is where we were clearing...House on Left is his also and rents out for a few grand per week
151117_003.jpg

HO was a very cool German guy. He had just flown back from visiting family in Germany the dya we started the job...said it took him 1 1/2 days of waiting at the airport to get cleared for the flight home...security is high very there right now.

Good pics.

I'm more comfortable with a short stub or two, less than 2-3", and keep my flipline and spurs on the spar. A half inch rope doesn't take a 1' stub. This is safer, effective, and less likely to hang ropes or falling branches up, IMO. A climb line tail can flip a half-hitch onto a stub. If you're climbing DdRT, your climbing system is stuck. If on SRT, you can descend and free it. Easier to avoid in the first place.

Anytime I'm going to use a pull line, I'll use the large termination biner on my climb line for a quick munter, and off I go lickety split, on a stationary, choked rope that will reach the ground in one shot. My spurs and flip-line are my life support. I run the munter hitch with one hand, flipline with the other, and simply walk right down.

No worries...wind was keeping everything well clear as well as the tree having a good lean that doesn't really show in the pics.

I'll come down the same with a pull line except just hanging on to it for balance. We were pushing to get done before dark so I opted to save time where i could...had two more trees I used that tie in for...then hit the ground felled it.

well...I retired from bidding jobs..

I've just been helping a couple companies, who lost climbers, finish out their season...been a bit busier than I wanted to be but am off work for now as of today (I need to get ready for Fall around home:lol:).

A guy out here was working for some firewood outfit,they cut trees just for the wood, this guy climbed a dead pine and left a stub/branch down toward the bottom,when he dumped the top it hung up and cracked the whole tree over at the base. Poor guy took a 50ft ride to his death ... True story.

A guy out here was working for some firewood outfit,they cut trees just for the wood, this guy climbed a dead pine and left a stub/branch down toward the bottom,when he dumped the top it hung up and cracked the whole tree over at the base. Poor guy took a 50ft ride to his death ... True story.

No stubs!

That's one I've never heard of. Poor bastid. Good share.

200 years old and succumbed to the beetles. The last of the five Pines the same age on the grounds, all dead within a year.

Attachments

• PAP_0002 2.JPG
    PAP_0002 2.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 67
  • PAP_0012.JPG
    PAP_0012.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 68
Jed...you asked awhile back about "pantheraba"...I don't know if my reply got lost in the slough of pictures that were flying then:

aba is
http://www.americanbandoassociation.com

Panther is the animal system I train in ABA. I am the "second" in the Panther System. I am the Director of the ABA Bando Yoga system.

Clear as mud? :)

and here is some of what we do:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/--W230L_DXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool. Did I see you a few times in that vid Gary?

Now you know what we want to see........Pantheraba vs The Stig......cage match!!!

I think he said it was a local shrine, Justin...maybe in the "How'd it go today" thread.

That's what I thought I read somewhere?

Jay seems to always be working at shrines. I bet that's cool yet somewhat stressful at times. Not that tree work in general doesn't have risk but possibly a heightened sense of desire to leave no impact would be involved in working around shrines. I've done a bunch of graveyard work and it certainly comes to mind to be as respectful as possible.

Back