The Official Work Pictures Thread

Really didn't get to do much with the hh as all I did was chunk the fat wood, Doug did the brush out and smaller wood.
Comms were pretty nice to use. I stole Doug's helmet since they took the ear plugs off the truck so I showed up without hearing protection. Already going deaf, gotta save what's left

Nice pics Willie. Do you ever wonder what people were thinking when they left trees like that so close to the buildings?

I like to be able to have earplugs to protect from excess comm noise, yet hear well enough, and double up with muffs for loud saws and cutting head-high, like limbing doug-firs can be.

The corner trap and pulley on the HH are good improvements, on top of naturally dialing in the hitch to the right length and number of wraps for rope and weight.

nice job Willie, old HH looks in great shape! Not sure I would get on with those 20s comm units as I think I would snap off the antennas ...

Good to see the old Kboom still showing up for duty!

Nice work in tight quarters on a giant tree Willie. How tall would you say?
Didn't really pay attention to height, were reduced dead tops from it a couple times already, still well over a hundred I'd say when we got there.
nice job Willie, old HH looks in great shape! Not sure I would get on with those 20s comm units as I think I would snap off the antennas ...

Good to see the old Kboom still showing up for duty!
Doug climbs on it daily, he wishes he could compete with it.
Guys had a little trouble with the comms at first but I think they've sorted it out. I don't think they use the antennas really, seem to work folded up for the most part

Microphone orientation, at the lips, pointed properly ( finger-able tab forward... hey I didn't design them) is crucial to good transmission, fwiw.

Sometimes, two quick taps does better to connect together, after trying one tap and it not connecting comms.

image.jpg
Only picture I took this week. Groundie relaxing while we wait out the train. Our track flag man put 45 years in with two rail companies before retiring and now does this to keep busy. Every train that goes by we get to hear stories from the old days.
Ground guys got some pics and video for me, just need to get them to send them.

Morning job, 3/4 of a locust down, had to self rig down a good portion, no help today. Flower beds and driveway light was in the way, without help from the wind. IMG_20150910_143010.jpg

Rad to see you up there, Willie.

I was gonna ask how you dealt with the wood.

Great Pictures everybody.

We been forest flipping....

07ed0397a71b8a39df8f24ce2965095c.jpg

Lunch after a job with ArborMD.

e46954adaa4c7159929e698dc9fbbb22.jpg

Loving that loader Deva! It was good to get up a tree. I think Doug saw me twiddling thumbs and said he needed a break :D nice to see pics from you buddy

Back