The Official Work Pictures Thread

Wow! In the USA a regular license is good for up to 13 tons combined weight and up to 5 tons trailer weight. My work truck is considered small and it has a GVWR of 13,000 lbs (truck weighs 8000 lbs) and a 10 yard dump box on it. 5 yards/3.5 tons is nothing.
What can I say? Different strokes and all that.

Smaller, busier roads perhaps.

What I should have done years ago (as can anyone else) is passed my Heavy Goods Vehicle licence, like my nephew did recently.

Opens up a world of opportunity.

What can I say? Different strokes and all that.

Smaller, busier roads perhaps.

What I should have done years ago (as can anyone else) is passed my Heavy Goods Vehicle licence, like my nephew did recently.

Opens up a world of opportunity.
haha same thing i am struggling with atm. this damn regular license feels very castrated.
years ago you could atleast drive trucks up to 7,5t with the regular license. changing that to 3,5 t seems more a business opportunity for driving schools than anything else 🤦

I got tired of being the only one allowed to drive with the big trailer, so I offered my new female apprentice to pay for a commercial license, if she'd practice at my place, so I didn't have to pay for driving classes in order for her to learn to back up a traler.
She was at it next weekend and has been since.
Will take the test in 2 weeks.
Be nice to have another driver.

Out at the family acreage yesterday and dad wanted to reduce a row of Siberian elms to 5' before the neighbor moved a house into the next lot.
All the sucker growth should make for a hardy hedge to square off every year.

The neighbor who also sells firewood cut some poplars down on his side and apparently gave himself 13 stiches when the butt end of one on the ground kicked up and hit him in the noggin. Not as easy as it looks I suppose.

Screenshot 2023-05-10 071843.png
Screenshot 2023-05-10 075103.png

I find fall to strike me the most but for some reason I really enjoy the melancholy of it. Don Henley "Boys of Summer" kind of sadness.

Why do videos present as a narrow vertical strip with a horizontal sound bar across the bottom? Can't see much at all.

You can click the 'arrows out' button in the bottom right corner to make it fullscreen, but you'll still have the sidebars. Just the way the forum software formats it.

Back