The Official Work Pictures Thread

Mick, I know it's a regular thing for Euro folks to have somewhat small chippers maybe compared to Merica, but man, you need a bigger one! You have the sweet loader to stuff that beyotch fast and easy. Maybe the roads or laws don't allow it but from my screen here it looks like the chipper is your bottleneck

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn't work here(
That’s a shame Max. It’s a good way of collating and storing work pictures for free.
Plus, rather than clogging up a thread with reels of photos/vids you just have one and people can easily decide whether to have a look (or not)
Which is why use it to post pics on forums.
Not laziness on my part.

Mick, I know it's a regular thing for Euro folks to have somewhat small chippers maybe compared to Merica, but man, you need a bigger one! You have the sweet loader to stuff that beyotch fast and easy. Maybe the roads or laws don't allow it but from my screen here it looks like the chipper is your bottleneck
I've wondered that too. They look aggressive for the size though...
When we were in Australia it was the other way, a small chipper there is a 15" and most crews I saw running around had 20"+
I believe the law there is that the tow vehicle must be at least the same weight as the trailer, and that maybe the cutoff for a standard license was 4.5t. I'm not sure though... Hell the laws are vague enough here!

This baby? I think not

The chip truck is the bottleneck in fairness, 5 cubic meters max.
But I’m too old to be bothered getting a truck licence, so we will have to get on with it.

Last edited:
Yeah. I rarely chip more than 5 yards into my trailers. Rarely chip over 6" wood. Even though I have a 12" 1250 Vermeer.
1. Why push the kit too hard.
2. Can you safely haul the weights on 8* grades and be able to stop it.
3. Firewood often will be hauled off for free by someone else.
Heaviest load of logs recent was 3.5 ton plus trailer behind my diesel. That was more than plenty and a slow ride to the dump site 12 or so miles away. Prefer someone else deal with that shat.

It’s a flaw in my set up, no doubt about it.
When folks want stuff gone, they want it gone, and that’s when the mental gymnastics start, the poor decision making really kicks into gear and the pigeons bearing the bitter anguish of an underpriced multi-day job comes home to roost.

Having said that, we absolutely killed this job a day early soooo…

The common license in France allows only 3.5t.
My van is 1.81t, empty, load allowed 1.2t. So it is registred at 3.01t. The trailer accepted with no question is 0.5t. Even with this small trailer, in theory I'm already out by 10 kg.
My tiny 4" chipper weights 0.4t. Loaded with it, my trailer reaches 0.51 t. Too much by 10 kg too, but I can live with that.
Next level : 4.25t, it's simplified and should be easy to get. In my case, I could have a trailer of 1.24t. As this one weights around 0.3t at least, that gives a load of less than 1t. Too bad, the miniloader I really wanted to buy is a tad over 1 t. So overloaded again. I have to get a smaller one, a bit light for the job at 0.7t, but I don't want to go to the real exam needed to obtain the next license's level ("trailer license", for a trailer up to 3.5t).
It's already an headache, just trying to memorise the details !

Last edited:
Back to branch hauling for those of us without chippers. Started throwing ratchet straps down across the trailer before loading, then wrapping and choking them down into bundles that can be forklifted or drug off. Works great and keeps them tucked.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Or just cut the whole tree down onto the trailer 😁

Check out that hinged buttflip. 😆

IMG_1261.jpeg
IMG_1257.jpeg IMG_1252.jpeg IMG_1251.jpeg

Had to make a hole in 20 years of mesquite overgrowth/death. Would make a great privacy/defense barrier…except against a match.

Luckily @Marc-Antoine my UK licence allows me to tow 3.5 tonne.
Wow! In the USA a regular license is good for up to 13 tons combined weight and up to 5 tons trailer weight. My work truck is considered small and it has a GVWR of 13,000 lbs (truck weighs 8000 lbs) and a 10 yard dump box on it. 5 yards/3.5 tons is nothing.

Last edited:
Back