The Official Work Pictures Thread

So you got those trees down without moving all the crap that was in the way at the bottom?

Deva,
It looks like I’ll be back in February as a volunteer/judge for the TCC on Maui.
I’ll let you know when it gets closer on specific dates.
Also, I’ll gladly work a few days in trade, as I’ll be looking to carry home a 50lb suitcase of Milo, Koa, Pheasant Wood, Ohia, etcetera for bowl blanks 😁

So having never dealt with such a mess: how do you start such a mess? From the top down clearing the roof and hope it peels off nice and clean?

Last edited:
So having never dealt with such a mess: how do you start such a mess? From the top down clearing the roof and hope it peels off nice and clean?

Cut the side off with a saw the I went up and got everything off the roof. I was worried it would have damaged the tiles and the gutter but was lucky.

Cut anything that was wrapping round the facia boards etc and then we tied a rope around a chunky bit and gave it a pull. Luckily it all came off in one massive piece.

3 hours start to finish

Earlier this week a got a rope set in an old oak in my yard that needs to come down. Severe crown dieback aggravated by an old trunk wound caused by fire. It had a slight back lean so I didn't feel comfortable wedging it, and I needed a second person to drive the truck and pull it while I cut.

Finally got it done today. The wound wood on the front side didn't hinge as well as I hoped and it broke early about 10-15 degrees to the left. I took out one fence panel on the left side. Had it all cleaned up and staged to burn in about 90 minutes with just 2 of us. That loader makes short work of it.

IMG_0441.JPG IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0443.JPG

Back