The Official Work Pictures Thread

That hinge is a thing of beauty.
I find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact, that it was cut by an arborist. :P
That is YOUR opinion (and I agree!), but we need to consult the master of rip-hingery, Mr. Puddin’ himself. No doubt he’d not think so highly of it!

I thought of simply changing the hinge placement.
Full gap face is easy.

I picked up a 2 ton hydraulic jack at a garage sale for $2. I'll try it.
My 20ton is heavy to dig out.
Always jack with wedges, at least always with weak (not tree) jacks.
Good points Sean. Going with a deeper undercut towards the center of the tree can really help tipping over a short stob and reduce some wedging. Helps to get it past the COG quicker and the top of the tree moves more with each strike of the wedge. I was taught to always back up a tree jack with wedges also.

Good points Sean. Going with a deeper undercut towards the center of the tree can really help tipping over a short stob and reduce some wedging. Helps to get it past the COG quicker and the top of the tree moves more with each strike of the wedge. I was taught to always back up a tree jack with wedges also.
I'd rather just undercut the COG, personally.

I have 20-30 wedges in the truck and two axes, long- and short-handled. I don't have to carry around gravity.

I've got an idea for giving my Porter a locking gate like a ghetto Transporter. I need to take a good look at it, and see what I can dig up for material.

I do it the first way you did it. I'm pretty smooth I think. Not as easy as simply dropping it on a hook, but not much harder either.

Back