The Official Work Pictures Thread

Will do boss. I talked to my other boss Curtis Cuttite this morning, and he said that Ness was going to get in there with some Mondo crane, while a smaller crane stabilized the truck or something?... I didn’t have much time and my head was already spinning.

They are actually sweating bullets because, I guess the homeowner is an incredibly cool guy, and says, “take however long you want, only don’t damage my house one little bit more.”😂

The boys are off for an entire week, but I did find out that Brian, the crane operator, who was wearing a Pfanner hard hat, was knocked completely unconscious, and yet somehow managed to get out of the crane, shut the door, and was found by Kevin unresponsive and lying on the roof of the garage.😂

He (Curtis) also said that Scotty (who is a 50 year old fart like myself) uncliped his flipline, and launched himself twenty foot down a ravine.😂. The old fart just transitioned down skateboard style without so much as a sprained wrist.😂. Glory to God.

Zero serious injuries, glory to God.

Scroll back up again and try to click on the video for the damages.
Is concussion not a serious injury?
It is you brsin being traumatized by the inside of a person's skull that has long term, as well as short term repercussions.

Not visible like Paul's arm. More important to living to have an intact brain than arm.

A kid I know got a second concussion when a cousin kicked a ball at her, walloping her. Headaches, limited ability to exercise without symptoms.

Concussions are SO GLOSSED OVER. Probably for a lack of blood, stitches, x-rays, and casts.
Not nearly as dramatic as a 19y.o. kid falling 50', from a half-hitch "termination knot".

Concussions can cause/ worsen ADD/ ADHD, etc, etc.

Nah, righty.

I guess I felt I could guide the saw better that way in that position. The 42" bar in hardwood can be finicky.

No crane is going to flip in Jed's presence... He would use all of his Jedi powers to prevent that. It's impossible. And great that those men walked away unscathed... I've never seen a crane up wear a hard hat. Glad he did. And taking a 20' leap... that man was on his A-game. Keep us posted Jed. thanks

Thgis is light reading.
Last week we took a day off from killing trees and worked on an Oak alley that someone had spent a lot of time and money getting started and then ignored.

Wide spreading oaks ( Quercuc robur) would NOT be my choice for an alley tree.

The guy had realized it was not going as intended and asked around, hit somebody who recommended us and was willing to go into a " get things right" deal that will take several years.

If he'd called 10 years ago, we could have done t P1080425.JPG P1080455.JPG P1080454.JPG P1080456.JPG he job with hand saws and the old Felcos.

One tree had been knocked over by wind, the reason was quite obvious.......girdling roots.

Oak would be in my top 5 trees to pick, but maybe I don't understand your/their concept of an "alley tree". What /I/ would be looking for is a green tunnel that's completely closed off of the top and upper sides. Beech would be nice also, but I don't think that's doable in any single person's lifetime.

Here the preferred species is Linden/ Basswood ( Tilia cordata)

One concept is, being able to drive up the alley and still have your side mirrors at the other end.

Wrong species and planted way too close to the road.

Man, those are beautiful pics Stig. I love everything I see of Denmark.

So... The official version that I told you guys, now seems to me, with as much objectivity as I can muster, to be some thing not to dissimilar from the truth. However, I definitely had told you guys the official version lol. The real version after interviewing several eyewitnesses is still a little foggy. I need more time, to give you guys anything like a decent analysis of what happens. Very sorry about the crummy voice text… I always seem to be very short on time now… Especially since we are now doing all of our crane jobs with no crane LOL. Dirty pig is five feet on the stump.

140’ cottonwood...
AD79CD5F-0660-4189-BC10-10C97248CA48.jpeg 731546DE-E5A6-4FD6-B930-99051463DA22.jpeg

Back