The Official Work Pictures Thread

Ran past for a little bit today before a long weekend, tidying up, offloading Alturnamats for wood moving next week (neighbor will Happily let me load his HD trailer with chunks, and offload with his log loader).

I had to flip the limbs a handful of feet to the area being built-up into a terrace.
Easy and quick.
Collected slings and ropes.
D is finishing her Viola lesson at home, now.
Mostly a rest day.

IMG_20201210_131519255.jpg

IMG_20201210_131723411_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201210_131742740_HDR.jpg

I've seen some dump trailers with a rear hitch, and have always wondered what it would be like to pull 2 things let alone trying to back them up. Do you pull the chipper behind the tralier?
No, two trucks. And my guys hate hauling the chipper. Scares the crap out of them. Not fun in the hills and driveways. Cant tell if the chipper is pushing the truck or the truck is pulling the chipper.
Dave was about the only one, when he would come in and contract with me. But he did it for years in Humboldt.

Sean: Solo-speed lining? You DO know that you you’re my closet hero don’t you (no homo).

Dude: You single-Jack guys are living the dream in my humble opinion. A millennial-free life? But do any of us really deserve that in this fallen world?? Sartre has told us that, “Hell is other people,” but of course we disagree... to wit: your meritorious girlfriend. I guess we’ll all just hafta learn to love our enemies, as someone-or-other has said. And just to be PERFECTLY clear... ALL of my enemies are millennials. Thanks for the pics.

Stephen: cool pics! Lovely really.

Mick: I laughed SO hard at your post.

Frankie: You sir are a marvelous fellow, and don’t even LET anybody tell ya otherwise. To wit: I personally would KILL for your saw-build knowledge. Having said that, I’d also kill for U.K. Rich’s martial arts prowess and stature. We get what we get and we don’t get upset eh? And ya know what? One of these days... ya just might get yer hands on some Fir.:P

Couldn’t PAY me enough to join that group of wanna be , NEVER BE know-it-all’s ... There’s a reason why that place is what it is ... I don’t see Hotsaws101 as a member there and his saws will whoop a cat on ol Bird legs’ and his band of Gypsy’s somethin fierce ... 8) .... heck , look at the BS - storm when my fellow NYer Ironhorse tore down a MM saw on one of his utube videos !

Because the guy kept the good parts that belong to the customer, probably to study the mastermind cylinder, then put a cheap Hyway cylinder on, did no machine work because he doesn't like machine work, and charged the guy like $600 for repairing and barely porting a saw that ended up with worse performance than before and also ended up having more issues.

The generous people on OPE chipped in parts and money, even mastermind with a free port job, and gave the guy a great saw.

Because the guy kept the good parts that belong to the customer, probably to study the mastermind cylinder, then put a cheap Hyway cylinder on, did no machine work because he doesn't like machine work, and charged the guy like $600 for repairing and barely porting a saw that ended up with worse performance than before and also ended up having more issues.

The generous people on OPE chipped in parts and money, even mastermind with a free port job, and gave the guy a great saw.
Yah , we know for a fact the saw was built by MM in 2015 k ... it was run for almost 5years by a “middleman” who sold the saw to JB ... This is fact ... now ... why would anyone put that amount of time and effort not to mention the cost of new parts plus a $395 port job into a 5 year old saw that may or may not have been “clapped out” when a BRAND NEW SAW could have been purchased for FAR less coin and no labor? It simply does not make sense on face value and the man Ironhorse wasn’t given a fair shake to make things right! Example : I buy a ported saw from you Nutball, and a few weeks later I call you and say I’m having problems with it ... You offer to to repair it but somehow (?) it winds up in Ironhorses’ hands ... Ironhorse proceeds to tear down your saw and rip u a new ...hole on utube and on his forum ... saying your port work was shoddy yada yada yada ... What would your response to that be ? I’ll wait for your reply

The ropes, gravity, and the ground do all the work .

Need more speedline slings, like 30 total..

The mini doesn't have any of the complaints of a millennial. I don't have any complaints of a millennial.
My girlfriend doesn't really count as a millennial, as I think that requires a social media presence.

Last edited:
You can never have too many of those.

I still have those old non-locking snaphooks that worked great for me as speedline connections, Sean. Nobody wanted to buy...if you want some or all (don't recall the number off the top of my head), I'll give them to you if you cover the shipping...they are heavy :).

Looked back to that posting...the number of snaphooks is 10, I believe.

Some fancy rigging makes me happy!

Floating logs and brush uphill and over a ledge. Portable winch pulling, mini lifting the tail end then belaying down as the log moves forward.

You can just see Sven in the third picture, taking a log off the farthest tree. Rocks, roots and am old firetower foundation to dodge

The mini keeping the staging area nice and tidy

20201209_142845.jpg

20201210_110518.jpg

20201210_120054.jpg

20201209_143050.jpg

Paul you should post that vid you made about hanging a block in a tree to pull, with your crane, a tree on ground far away, without any side pull on the boom and without having to climb the tree to retrieve the block

7D83EE93-4DB8-483B-8285-8BA0A7AA52AC.jpeg 395xp aka “the humbler” redy to slay some WNY premium Red Oak logs ...https://instagram.com/p/CItT98DhXHD/

Back