The Official Work Pictures Thread

I've tried latex covered gloves, and I didn't like them at all. They slip on oily metal, and have too much grip on wood and rope. They're also hot and hard to remove. I like leather shells for in tree stuff, and I use the cheap gauntlet style glove for ground stuff.

I'll admit I could do better than sacked out ropers. Good for collecting debris in the fingertips.

I find the leather too slippery to grab the climbing ropes, but nice to let go the rigging rope. The biggest downside to me is the water. When they are wet, they are like covered with mucus, they weight 3 pounds and want to fall of the hands. No way to work with that.
I use some nitrile coted gloves, thin canvas. Good for the touch and they stay usable even dripping wet. They are very graby at first and often get pinched in the ascender, but that doesn't last, maybe 2 or 3 days. Then they are just a little worn out and the surface becomes user friendly. Usually, they last me one month, give or take (but about 3 weeks in the big London planes).

I use something similar to the Atlas ^ buy them in bulk for an Ebay vendor about $1 a pair and last me a week or two.

Yup, nitrile Atlas gloves are great for climbing.

My first choice, too.

Leather gloves? Seriously, I'm surprised that some of you find them the best option for climbing. Running rigging as a groundie, that is my preference, too. But like so many other climbing gear choices, from gaffs to saddles, it's only the best if it's the best for you.

Back to an earlier post from...um, I don't recall, very sorry...if your Atlas gloves are getting sucked into you friction hitch when, as you put it "palming your hitch", the solution to that is simple. Tend your hitch on descent with thumb and first one or two fingers only, on top of the knot. Be specific in that, and the problem goes away. It's a must do practice with this sort of glove.

Edit: Went back and looked...it was Ryan that posted re this issue. So yes, you are correct...operator error :D.

I use something similar to the Atlas ^ buy them in bulk for an Ebay vendor about $1 a pair and last me a week or two.
venz_supply. But I just checked and his store is empty so maybe he is gone!? If that is the case that sucks now I need to find a new vender.

I seldom wear gloves, but when I do, these have become my go-to....they outlast the old blue palm gloves 10:1. I have gotten a week's wear out of a pair.

Thanks for the recommendation there. I buy Atlas Gloves by the Dozen and use them often. Tremendous enhancement of grip strength. Not good for running ropes but definitely good for climbing rope. And holding limbs Etc

Reactions: DMc
Ooooooooooooooooooooh, yuk!
That was nasty.
A palm covered in ivy.

Imagine going up that shit back in the day, when spurs and a flipline was the thing.
SRT was the only thing to do on that one.

Hope you charged a lot of money for that.

Atlas are latex, right? You guys don't have issues tossing limbs, and having them stick to the gloves? Seems like every little nub catches on the latex, and blows my toss.

I found a nitrile covered glove today. That'll be a match to my samurai cut resistant glove I found a couple years ago. That'll be my last attempt at a synthetic glove. Perhaps the less tacky nitrile will suit me better, but they'll still have the heat issue.

Stig this was a lucky 1 this is not poison ivy, never had contact with that 1 lucky again.
and thats so true about the old days, and honestly it was super easy job.
like most my jobs it was expensive with happy client

Worked on a pond today, 90% felling around this camp. They actually called before putting in the septic and well! Incredible! Logs cut for a logger to take, brush in the woods. Had two neighbors add on some on the ground only jobs too, What a nice day

Seven's mini earned its keep for sure👌

20200526_091606.jpg 20200526_103218.jpg 20200526_124649.jpg 20200526_151609.jpg

I haven't cut a live spruce yet. The two I've done were pretty crispy. Not 'get away from you' bad, but they snapped pretty cleanly.

"Magic Cuts" are great for when you are chunking a vertical spar. A hinge like that, that doesn't break and seperate cleanly, seems like a way to have it go off the lay.

Gord posted it forever ago on TB.
Undercut the COG with a horizontal.
Sloping cut (I generally Humbodt) to form a definitely full Dutchman.
Low back cut release, like tripping a bore cut (American style).

Start short, building up.
Big logs, definitely a Humboldt.

I spent the morning waiting for a 360 to build some land up for a crane to take a tree out. We removed 3 birches last week and one was a twin stemmer that I took the upright out and the hard leaner over a set of steps and house was left. Afterwards they asked to take the other out... wish they had decided that beforehand.

So they were lifting some containers with an 80t crane so we used that.

Arrived at 800 got up the tree just before 10 and left at 10.30. Piece of piss. Easy work and nice location, 5 minutes from my house. 84578288-E244-4AF8-9FEA-B266AF4CC24E.png 8DA3D9CD-729B-4A0D-B0E4-34BA0AB7364E.jpeg

Back