The Official Work Pictures Thread

A crane rental would likely be more then what you would break 🤣 🤣 i like the cut towards the machine til it tips, and i would be so pissed that it would take me a few hours to think that up. I think i would rather replace parts than have to swallow my pride, call a few crane outfits, and explain wtf i did just to get a quote...

Barberchairs can be pretty strong....apparently from a F.book site called Farm Life

View attachment 99675
That pic has been floating around for a while. Many say it's photoshopped. I can't say for sure, but if you look at the distance from the backcut to the pivot of the barber chair, it doesn't match what's stuck through the loader frame. The tractor may have leaped up there too, as there are no tracks in the snow.....

No tracks is fishy but looks like the metal hydraulic lines are bent where they got hit by the butt.

There's some messed up snow on the right going out of view, and eyeballing the pic, it looks about where the tractor would be for pushing. Assuming it's all legit, I wonder why he didn't just do it the right way. Looks like a dead easy fall. The tree was already leaning into the lay. Cut the face, cut the back, and your done. You could dutchman the hell out of it, and it'll still land right.

Yea, there is that. It does look too short, and no chunks laying around to account for the discrepency.

Plus, it is rather unlikely imo to barber chair a tree by pushing it with a tractor

Here's a rotten sweetgum I took down a few days ago at my house...was able to do it all from the ground. APTA sure does help hit some smallish targets. when the trunk got stuck on the stump I cut a lower opposite face cut and when I backcut for it the trunk pushed back enough that the trunk dropped into the rigging (off the stump). I had to nibble at the base of the trunk to get it to release...don't let it make you crazy on the upper cut. gum hang  (1) resized.jpg gum hang  (2) resized.jpg gum hang  (3) resized.jpg gum hang  (4) resized.jpg gum hang  (5) resized.jpg gum hang  (7) resized.jpg gum hang  (9) resized.jpg gum hang  (11) resized.jpg gum hang  (13) resized.jpg

gum hang  (1) resized.jpg gum hang  (2) resized.jpg gum hang  (3) resized.jpg gum hang  (4) resized.jpg gum hang  (5) resized.jpg gum hang  (7) resized.jpg gum hang  (9) resized.jpg gum hang  (11) resized.jpg gum hang  (13) resized.jpg

Yea, there is that. It does look too short, and no chunks laying around to account for the discrepency.
Only if you assume that the barberchaired section of the tree did not completely separate from the left hand portion. If it did do that, it could have slid left, staying on top of the upright half. I think it could be a legit pic.

Gary, I've never seen a rigging point installed the way you did. I'm sure it's been around forever but I'm happy to learn something new anyway.

Back