The Official Random Video Thread!

Looks pretty normal for city traffic...bicycles & pedestrians all over the road, lanes & traffic direction nearly nonexistent, and not a turn signal in sight...

Amazing machines. Not quite good on the power/weight ratio, but really impressive non the less.
What tricks me is the way that the rope wire spools so neatly on the drum. All the few modern small winchs I saw are just able to make a rat nest after the first pull.

That 150 Case was a complete new manufacture from original plans. It was not a restore from an old machine.

Kind of reminding of the Phoenix.

Try watching yarder drums spool wire rope. 99% of the time it winds level across the drum every time. Seldom crosses or piles. It is amazing.

Whenever I run into someone who's feeling a little too superior I lay down a challenge. Offer: lock you in your garage until you come out with your Model T, a very lowly technical hurdle which even an accomplished person would be flummoxed by. Humbles them down:)

I really like the art of the engineering in the old equipment. A lot of intuition and gut feel when pushing new for the time boundaries. You can look at just one component and ask yourself "why?" and do it over and over again on a machine. As a kid I visited a one-lunger farm exhibition and our biggest challenge was running out of pennies to turn into crinkles. Kids! No respect.

Back