The Official Random Video Thread!

I ran dog and knife boar 🐗hunting in Hawaii for years. I had a friend that ran some serious Blackmouth Cur dogs in Montana and Wyoming for mountain lions. The best happiest dogs I have ever seen are hunting dogs. Even dogs that die in the hunt die doing what they love. Washington doesn't allow dog hunting and the cats don't see humans as a threat and consequently are excessively bold with people and domestic animals. Those cats are usually pursued and terminated as people cry out for safety. Hunting predators teaches them to keep their distance from man and dog and ultimately gives them a more fair chance at survival through regulation.

I know of a house fire started by the owner storing water in gallon glass jars on a window enclosed back porch. Total loss of the home.

Also have a friend who was very lucky to be home and discover early enough that the reflection from a magnifying mirror on the counter in a bathroom, next to a window on a sunny day, had ignited a towel hanging on a wall rod a few feet away. This was just a couple of months ago.
I used to drink from 1gallon glass jugs in Hawaii till my Mexican coworker asked me to be more careful. He explained that many a fire has been started by field hands toting water under the hot sun and leaving the jugs about whilst working. It's a very real thing.

It blew my mind a few years ago when I saw shepards in the swiss alps herding their cows and sheep the exact same way they've done for hundreds of years. Looked like a good life, to me

Alpabfahrt, when they bring them down from the grazing meadows high in the Alps,all decorated with flowers and with the cowbells clanging, is something I love to watch.
A wonderful tradition.

I know that this is the reason for the cowbells that we hear during the winter Olympics, but what is the purpose of the cowbell? Is there a union vacation for marching bands and this is substitution?

Matterhorn is spectacular in good weather.
Unfortunately, like Denali, it is mostly schrouded in clouds.
My wife gave me a helicopter trip around it the year before she moved up here.
Birthday present.
That day the weather was like in the video:D

Back