The Official Random Video Thread!

crazy vid with remix of The Who, Metallica and Megadeath. Put it here cuz it seems like more of A Thing rather than a Songs I Like.

Give it a try

Kinda seeing Grindelwald the opposite way of how it should be.
Seen from bottom up, it is very beautiful.
My wife gave me a helicopter tour of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau for my birthday in 2014.
Quite something.

This is a quick Short on YouTube that highlights the dangers of being inexperienced while attempting even the EASIEST mountain in the Karakorum range: Golden Peak, a 7,0000 meter peak.. This is the range that houses Everest and K2; both 8,000 meter peaks.

I'm deeply into alpining and these individuals had it coming. They chose to camp on a boulder field. What did they think would happen?

I tried that once.
Was injecting nectar into Indian paintbrush in a boulder field, when the 2 guys above me started yelling.
A boulder the size of a VW bug was heading right for me.
Since it was bouncing back and forth, I had to wait for the last bounce, to see what side to dive for.
Took me a while to get my heart rate down afterwards.

@stig Oh, I misunderstood. Sorry. I read "Indian nectar" and that refers to a Cyanocobalamin injection available in the region, which is a very benign Vitamin B injection used sometimes by alpine climbers. I just noticed after a second read that you said "nectar" into an "Indian paint brush." Now I feel silly. What's "nectar" in that context? Apologies. Maybe I'm dyslexic! *awkward laugh* I also assumed you might have been in the Himalayas based on the locale of the video so I asked about use for altitude, since high altitude depletes you of vitamin B. See? I'm not crazy. Just very wrong haha So what is paint brush nectar? Never heard that before.

Last edited:
I was working on a Hummingbird project in the Trinity Alps, California.
Changing the nectar levels of Indian paintbrush versus Columbine, in order to prove that the Birds selected which flowers to favourize and defend, according to the nectar content.
Basically working to prove the " optimal foraging behavior theory" that came out in the late 70es.

Guess that was a bit hard to figure out, from what I wrote.

I sure have done some weird stuff in my travelling youth :D

Back