The Official Random Video Thread!

I have one of Heilung's albums. That's one hell of a visual spectacle. I like that track from Auļi. I'll have to remember to check them out further.

Years ago, I had a chance to get some Swedish bagpipes at a pretty good price. Considered it for awhile, and didn't pull the trigger. I was more into highland and uilleann pipes/music at the time. I'm sorry I didn't get them now. Haven't seen them that cheap since.

I've had lots of friends that did bull riding, some professionally (to actually win prize money), and was offered to ride many times. I always told them i was built for comfort, not for speed, and cracked another beer. I think just about everyone of them has a horror story from doing it, and that was enough for me.

Oh the bull is the winner most of the time, and without the clowns to protect the rider, that video is almost surely the result. They weren't in position at all on that video, and honestly are the true heroes of the sport. It's an incredibly ballsy dangerous sport, with way more to it than meets the eye. I respect it and really enjoy watching it, but i know myself well enough to admit i have no business trying it.

Yep, no shortage of balls for the guys (and girls) doing it.

But there has to be jeopardy to make it entertaining, and I have no compunction enjoying it.

I've met a couple of them, but I've never seen any of them actually ride. Not sure what you mean by jeopardy exactly, but literally life or death for the rider seems to fit the bill. 2000 plus pounds of furious muscle while you hold on to a rope that's simply wrapped around once, and you can only use the one hand.

Certainly was news to me, Cory. There were a few more hits, but those were mostly younger girls trying it out with smaller animals. Still...

More women bronc riders than bull riders, for sure. But no easy task that, either.

Yessir, Kyle...that is jeopardy for sure. Makes tree work look lame :).

Last edited:
A big version of the balls on strings could be a good classroom tool for visual learning being able to represent 3d objects in motion. Almost the next best thing to holograms.

Skinny little poles. Hacking up the snags was kinda interesting. Meant to introduce rot to make a top cavity?

Similar thing to coronet pruning

I'll have to play around with that some time. Dunno if I'd leave it as the final product, but I'd like to see if I can do a good job making one.

Back