The Official Random Video Thread!

That panther was there, insight, the whole time...very hard to see. I just found out in the last few days there are panthers on our farm in S. Georgia. We are about 20 miles from the FL line. Some local pecan harvester folks have seen them in the fields around us.

wow I had no idea they could be found so far north in that area

I used to stay with my cousin on their farm nearby. I remember being around 8 or 10 years old and we'd be laying in bed at night and they had a swamp behind their house. Sometimes you could hear a panther and it sounded like a woman screaming in the night. He later told me as an adult that he had seen several over the years on the roads as he drove.

It makes sense- do you have a good amount of woods around there and a lot of deer?

Yep..both. Way back I don't remember folks talking about deer at all...Noah (my cousin) and I hunted birds...dove and quail...rabbits, occasional squirrel. I don't remember any uncles talking about deer. My older cousins in S. GA used to travel up to N. GA to hunt deer. Over the years deer started showing up in S. GA...now there are lots of them. When my uncle planted new pecan trees about 20 years ago he got a special permit to shoot them "007" style as a nuisance. Here is the view from our homeplace/farm kitchen window 2 months ago...a family...when something spooked them the two teenagers took off stage left...all the others bounded thru the cotton patch...typical teenager stuff. :D

Attachments

• deer view from kitchen window  (1) resized.jpg
    deer view from kitchen window (1) resized.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 6
  • deer view from kitchen window  (2) resized.jpg
    deer view from kitchen window (2) resized.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 7
  • deer view from kitchen window  (3) resized.jpg
    deer view from kitchen window (3) resized.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 6
  • deer view from kitchen window  (4) resized.jpg
    deer view from kitchen window (4) resized.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 6
  • deer view from kitchen window  (5) resized.jpg
    deer view from kitchen window (5) resized.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6
  • deer view from kitchen window  (6) resized.jpg
    deer view from kitchen window (6) resized.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 6
If you like Jocko, I encourage listening to the first 6.18 of this podcast. Hey you might like all of it though I personally didn't get much out of Jordan Petersen's input. But the opening monologue describes the true evil that is ISIS. It can be easy to forget or not be aware of such things because, as Jocko notes, 'we live in an incredibly well protected bubble'.

Last edited:
Obviously great movie, Newman is superb in the scene, but upon 16 consecutive viewings :/:, Ted Cassidy (Logan) played his role, and delivered his lines, to absolute perfection.

A stout strike with a 5 lb. falling axe right on top of a tire tool set between the shanks on top of the padlock will break open most of them. Or take the hasp mounts out...whichever gives up easier. On chain, the padlock always goes first.

Just an idle observation :)...DADT.

well dang, it wasn't there when I checked, maybe because I typed in lower case not caps

I find that asking the question works better.

So I put “what does DADT mean?” It works better than just typing it in to a website or whatever.

Back